• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

what grades should I get inorder to go to university

Reaction score
I'm taking 5 o.level subjects this may/June session
Math
Bio
Chemistry
Physics
English second language

Should all of them be A* in order to get in a good university
and what grades are accepted to go to universities around the world like in UK or Germany

Reaction score
It depends on which university you want to go to.
Most UK universities require English as a First Language at the IGCSE/O-level at Grade B or C. So you might want to change into First Language.
As for the rest of your subjects, you should aim for a minimum of A in them.
These grades don't really matter, except for English.
Universities will almost always look at your AS/A-level results, but they can use these for reference.
If you want to pursue Medicine, you'll need Biology at AS-Level (at least), Chemistry at A-level, Physics or Maths at A-level, and Maths at IGCSE/O-level (at least), and you might have to take either the UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test) or the BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test).
If you want to pursue Engineering, you'll need Physics, Maths and Chemistry at A-level.
All good universities in the UK require grades AAA or AAB at A-level as a minimum, along with a 6.5 band in the IELTS.
These are the minimum requirements for all universities in the UK.
However, I would suggest you don't bother with these right now, and focus on your O-levels. You should, however, see into the English Language matter.