• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is NUST entrance test based on FSC or A levels

Reaction score
and my second question is can we give NUST entrance test after olevels.
thanks.

Reaction score
Have you given NUST entrance test?
if yes then can you tell me that howmuch % marks are needed altogether to get in engineering,i mean adding matric,fsc and entry test.

Reaction score
Have you given NUST entrance test?
if yes then can you tell me that howmuch % marks are needed altogether to get in engineering,i mean adding matric,fsc and entry test.

Yes, I got into NUST actually. In Software Engineering. But I decided not to go for it. Anyway, they don't tell you your entry test marks, only what your merit number was, as in, your position in the merit list. Mine was 603.

The percentage weightages are as follows:

Engineering and Computer Science
NUST Entrance Test 75%
FSc/A level/Equivalent OR FSc Part-I 15%
Matriculation/O Level* 10%

I hope that helps.

Reaction score
mostly Fs.c although it's also a popular view that it is almost based wholly on Federal Board syllabus, which is considered as more difficult than both A level and Fs.c. I haven't studied Federal Board that much, from what I know, it's based on Fs.c.

Reaction score
mostly Fs.c although it's also a popular view that it is almost based wholly on Federal Board syllabus, which is considered as more difficult than both A level and Fs.c. I haven't studied Federal Board that much, from what I know, it's based on Fs.c.

That's funny. Because I've actually heard of people switching to the Federal Board because it's easier. And more organised than the Punjab Board.

And FSC is definitely NOT tougher than A levels. The only skills it tests are your powers of rattafication, where A Levels tests a host of skills. Of course, in terms of being annoying and illogical, FSC , naturally, takes the trophy.

Please don't mind my rambling. 'Tis the natural result of what happens when an A Level student is forced to rattafy FSC books for MCAT. =_=

Reaction score
so what do u guys recommend me fsc or alevels so that i can do well in NUST entry test and get into engineering field.

Reaction score
so what do u guys recommend me fsc or alevels so that i can do well in NUST entry test and get into engineering field.

I don't think it's hard for A Level students to get into NUST, if that's what you're aiming for. Of course, you'll have to go over the FSC books before the entry test. NUST also has some SAT National seats which are definitely easier for A level students to get than FSC ones. However, if you're aiming for UET, that's a completely different story. For that test, I've heard you're actually supposed to rattafy the answers to all the questions in the exercises of the Mathematics Books. Tragic, much?

Reaction score
That's funny. Because I've actually heard of people switching to the Federal Board because it's easier. And more organised than the Punjab Board.

And FSC is definitely NOT tougher than A levels. The only skills it tests are your powers of rattafication, where A Levels tests a host of skills. Of course, in terms of being annoying and illogical, FSC , naturally, takes the trophy.

Please don't mind my rambling. 'Tis the natural result of what happens when an A Level student is forced to rattafy FSC books for MCAT. =_=
I am not saying Fs.c is harder than A level. It might be, might be not.
I don't know much about Federal Board. I thought it's the same as the Punjab board. When I was preparing for aptitude tests, I came to know from certain people that Federal Board is harder than both Fs.c and A level...
Don't say that about Fs.c please...
Fs.c is also a good board... Their textbooks are actually very interesting and I also came to know that their Biology is more difficult than A level . Their main problem from what I know, is the corruption in checking. I hope it's solved soon too. :)

Reaction score
I am not saying Fs.c is harder than A level. It might be, might be not.
I don't know much about Federal Board. I thought it's the same as the Punjab board. When I was preparing for aptitude tests, I came to know from certain people that Federal Board is harder than both Fs.c and A level...
Don't say that about Fs.c please...
Fs.c is also a good board... Their textbooks are actually very interesting and I also came to know that their Biology is more difficult than A level . Their main problem from what I know, is the corruption in checking. I hope it's solved soon too. :)

Tcha. No offense meant but did you just use the words 'Fsc' and 'good board' in the same sentence? Fsc and Matric are completely outdated, their textbooks are FULL of errors, and I'm not even talking about grammatical errors. Don't even get me started on those. Yes, there is a LOT more material to rattafy in Fsc than there is in A Levels but that really shouldn't be a criteria to decide which system is more difficult. Did you know that the FSc and Matriculation system was introduced way back in the British Rule of the subcontinent by the British so that they could get clerks from the Indian population? It was designed specifically so that the local Indians would never excel beyond the most basic of posts.

The English book of FSC has an extract from the novel 'Goodbye, Mr. Chips'. My father was surprised to hear they still had that in the book since he had studied the same extract 30 YEARS ago when he was doing FSc. Need I say more?

Please note that I'm not trying to degrade FSc students. In fact, I believe that the potential of so many FSC students is being wasted in this poor system. Our education system needs some serious reforming, and it is tragic that no government has yet attempted to do that. Our system divides the students into those aiming for Engineering and Medical and the rejects then get into BSc etc.

But I could go on about this forever. But I should really stop. I think I'm way off-topic now.

Reaction score
Tcha. No offense meant but did you just use the words 'Fsc' and 'good board' in the same sentence? Fsc and Matric are completely outdated, their textbooks are FULL of errors, and I'm not even talking about grammatical errors. Don't even get me started on those. Yes, there is a LOT more material to rattafy in Fsc than there is in A Levels but that really shouldn't be a criteria to decide which system is more difficult. Did you know that the FSc and Matriculation system was introduced way back in the British Rule of the subcontinent by the British so that they could get clerks from the Indian population? It was designed specifically so that the local Indians would never excel beyond the most basic of posts.

The English book of FSC has an extract from the novel 'Goodbye, Mr. Chips'. My father was surprised to hear they still had that in the book since he had studied the same extract 30 YEARS ago when he was doing FSc. Need I say more?

Please note that I'm not trying to degrade FSc students. In fact, I believe that the potential of so many FSC students is being wasted in this poor system. Our education system needs some serious reforming, and it is tragic that no government has yet attempted to do that. Our system divides the students into those aiming for Engineering and Medical and the rejects then get into BSc etc.

But I could go on about this forever. But I should really stop. I think I'm way off-topic now.
that's my point. don't degrade the Fs.c students. You're not trying to degrade them, but this is discouraging =/
There are flaws on both the boards, A level and Inter. Both are different . There are positives and negatives in both...

Reaction score
A level is also very poor in mentioning their syllabuses. They just give the syllabus outline and ask from almost anywhere! It's like doing P.h.d. and it's discouraging because students are ready to work hard but don't know what to work hard on. Then they just study as much as they can from various sources and get ready for the exam. At least that's what I did. Students work hard all year but in the exam something entirely different can come. I worked hard so much and ended up with DDE , read from 5 different books in Physics and and ended up with D in it, with also learning from one of the best tutions in my city. I'm not being ungrateful in any sense, but I'm trying to point out this - A level has its flaws too, no board is perfect. Just because some boards differ in their flaws from others, doesn't mean they are better than them.
One more thing. If you're from Pakistan, answer this: How many percentage of A level students get their seat in Mechanical engineering in NED??

Reaction score
A level is also very poor in mentioning their syllabuses. They just give the syllabus outline and ask from almost anywhere! It's like doing P.h.d. and it's discouraging because students are ready to work hard but don't know what to work hard on. Then they just study as much as they can from various sources and get ready for the exam. At least that's what I did. Students work hard all year but in the exam something entirely different can come. I worked hard so much and ended up with DDE , read from 5 different books in Physics and and ended up with D in it, with also learning from one of the best tutions in my city. I'm not being ungrateful in any sense, but I'm trying to point out this - A level has its flaws too, no board is perfect. Just because some boards differ in their flaws from others, doesn't mean they are better than them.
One more thing. If you're from Pakistan, answer this: How many percentage of A level students get their seat in Mechanical engineering in NED??
I completely disagree with you, Mustehssun Iqbal!
veiled_fantasy is very right!

A levels has flaws, :confused: Heard that for the first time!
Mentioning the syllabus is the best thing they do, they tell you each and every thing you need to study, exactly what will be asked in the papers, Do check the Syllabus along with the revision checklist!
In contrast, The Fsc board, although being such outdated as a bonus, the board just throws a book at your face and tells you you ratify all of it,
and you know what, the questions that come in the exams are exactly the same as in the text book, not even the values are changed!!!

A levels is not about just 'working hard' , its working hard with the right plan!
It teaches you exactly what you will see in your university life and your practical life..... The mantra of relying on your abilities alone, finding the helpful material, understanding it and not ratify......

As a matter of fact, with the internet and such good books, revision material at our disposal today, the task of searching for material is not even needed.
You just have to clear concepts, make your OWN notes, and practise hard!
^ The three golden steps to ace A levels!

And about mechanical engineering at NED, the answer is 4 people only and the reason :
The limited seats!!!
Only 4 seats for MECH at NED are for A level students according to the 2011 prospectus...
:p

P.S.: This is coming from a student who has good a good academic record at A levels and has cleared the NUST entrance test!

Reaction score
Uhm, I guess I've to disagree here. I know that no education board can achieve the status of being called 'perfect' but I do know that reputation of Cambridge education is far more than Pakistani system. You know, Pakistan has got some real talent, if the government could just improve our education system, it would give a real boost to the students. But you know what's the real drawback? It's like 70% of Pakistani youth is not even given education. Let alone, by Cambridge system. How could they provide the country with better future? Knowledge is what teaches man between right and wrong. If 70% of people don't even know that, how can the country progress? FSc Students should not be degraded but the course which they are studying is too much 'out dated'. It's like the government is ruining their youth.
NED is a government controlled body, why would it encourage CIE education?

Reaction score

Reaction score
I really dont know howmany student alevels student get into NED can u tell the percentage?

Reaction score
I completely disagree with you, Mustehssun Iqbal!
veiled_fantasy is very right!

A levels has flaws, :confused: Heard that for the first time!
Mentioning the syllabus is the best thing they do, they tell you each and every thing you need to study, exactly what will be asked in the papers, Do check the Syllabus along with the revision checklist!
In contrast, The Fsc board, although being such outdated as a bonus, the board just throws a book at your face and tells you you ratify all of it,
and you know what, the questions that come in the exams are exactly the same as in the text book, not even the values are changed!!!

A levels is not about just 'working hard' , its working hard with the right plan!
It teaches you exactly what you will see in your university life and your practical life..... The mantra of relying on your abilities alone, finding the helpful material, understanding it and not ratify......

As a matter of fact, with the internet and such good books, revision material at our disposal today, the task of searching for material is not even needed.
You just have to clear concepts, make your OWN notes, and practise hard!
^ The three golden steps to ace A levels!

And about mechanical engineering at NED, the answer is 4 people only and the reason :
The limited seats!!!
Only 4 seats for MECH at NED are for A level students according to the 2011 prospectus... :p

P.S.: This is coming from a student who has good a good academic record at A levels and has cleared the NUST entrance test!
indeed it is coming from a good student! It works for you! You are telling me the plan. What on earth do you think have I been doing for the past year??!!!!!! You're telling as though I didn't do any of that!