• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is NUST entrance test based on FSC or A levels

Reaction score
Let's not turn this into an argument fellas.

If you live in Pakistan and are aiming to get into unis here then FSc will obviously benefit you (provided, of course, that you have very good marks in it) Most of the students do FSC, so obviously most of the seats in the unis go to FSc students. And that's the sad truth of it.

Anyway, let's all hope we all get what we're aiming for, InshAllah, regardless of what system we're from.

Reaction score
I completely disagree with you, Mustehssun Iqbal!
veiled_fantasy is very right!

A levels has flaws, :confused: Heard that for the first time!
Mentioning the syllabus is the best thing they do, they tell you each and every thing you need to study, exactly what will be asked in the papers, Do check the Syllabus along with the revision checklist!
In contrast, The Fsc board, although being such outdated as a bonus, the board just throws a book at your face and tells you you ratify all of it,
and you know what, the questions that come in the exams are exactly the same as in the text book, not even the values are changed!!!

A levels is not about just 'working hard' , its working hard with the right plan!
It teaches you exactly what you will see in your university life and your practical life..... The mantra of relying on your abilities alone, finding the helpful material, understanding it and not ratify......

As a matter of fact, with the internet and such good books, revision material at our disposal today, the task of searching for material is not even needed.
You just have to clear concepts, make your OWN notes, and practise hard!
^ The three golden steps to ace A levels!

And about mechanical engineering at NED, the answer is 4 people only and the reason :
The limited seats!!!
Only 4 seats for MECH at NED are for A level students according to the 2011 prospectus... :p

P.S.: This is coming from a student who has good a good academic record at A levels and has cleared the NUST entrance test!
Intermediatte how bad it might look, it pays the students for what hard they work! They get the percentage! There are a few ups and a few negative points. Some of them might want more understanding, might crave for more depth in concepts, but their hardwork pays off! They eventually get As or A+s with their hardwork, but in A level, almost all do hardwork. Only some who are more able , maybe in their genes or something :p they get the top marks.... It's just the dark side of A level that noone wants to discuss!
And you're still telling me about NUST test not based on Fs.c?? Maybe you just haven't read the Fs.c textbooks that's why!!!

Reaction score
Intermediatte how bad it might look, it pays the students for what hard they work! They get the percentage! There are a few ups and a few negative points. Some of them might want more understanding, might crave for more depth in concepts, but their hardwork pays off! They eventually get As or A+s with their hardwork, but in A level, almost all do hardwork. Only some who are more able , maybe in their genes or something :p they get the top marks.... It's just the dark side of A level that noone wants to discuss!
And you're still telling me about NUST test not based on Fs.c?? Maybe you just haven't read the Fs.c textbooks that's why!!!

Hmm...maybe... but let's not forget the catastrophe of last year's FSC Part 1 results.

The NUST entry test is based on FSC. But it was kind of general too. Especially the 'General Awareness' section. I mostly guessed on that part. =P

Loads of A Level students don't work hard, just like students in any other system. But I guess one could say that the FSC exams are predictable since every thing comes from the book, even the Maths questions.

Anyway, let's not 'discuss' this anymore. It might get ugly. =P And it's almost Eid!! =D

It show that NED prefer fsc then,but what about UET?

I know of A Level students who got into UET, PIEAS ,GIKI, Islamabad Institute for Science and Technology, LUMS SSE. They're all either my classmates or my seniors. And they all did A Levels.

The catch about the UET test (ECAT), though, is that you don't have enough time to do the calculations in the Maths section so you're supposed to memorise the answers to all the questions in the exercises and examples of the FSC Math books. If you can do that, you've got the test in the bag. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the weightage for the ECAT isn't as high as it is for the other tests, so your Matric and Fsc results count more.

Reaction score
I completely disagree with you, Mustehssun Iqbal!
veiled_fantasy is very right!

A levels has flaws, :confused: Heard that for the first time!
Mentioning the syllabus is the best thing they do, they tell you each and every thing you need to study, exactly what will be asked in the papers, Do check the Syllabus along with the revision checklist!
In contrast, The Fsc board, although being such outdated as a bonus, the board just throws a book at your face and tells you you ratify all of it,
and you know what, the questions that come in the exams are exactly the same as in the text book, not even the values are changed!!!

A levels is not about just 'working hard' , its working hard with the right plan!
It teaches you exactly what you will see in your university life and your practical life..... The mantra of relying on your abilities alone, finding the helpful material, understanding it and not ratify......

As a matter of fact, with the internet and such good books, revision material at our disposal today, the task of searching for material is not even needed.
You just have to clear concepts, make your OWN notes, and practise hard!
^ The three golden steps to ace A levels!

And about mechanical engineering at NED, the answer is 4 people only and the reason :
The limited seats!!!
Only 4 seats for MECH at NED are for A level students according to the 2011 prospectus... :p

P.S.: This is coming from a student who has good a good academic record at A levels and has cleared the NUST entrance test!
And finding the right material isn't that simple as you mentioned! Circular motion, Physics 1st chapter of A2: Students must be able to work with examples of circular motion. They didn't mention no conical pendulum, no vertical circles, no banked tracks, no nothing, examples of circular motion, that's it, go look for yourself. Now there might be a hundred examples of circular motion in the world tell me what you do now :p
Simple Harmonic motion, chapter two of A2 Physics: students must be able to understand examples of simple harmonic motion. They didn't mention no mass - spring system, no nothing ! Just examples, that's mentioned go find out what I'm trying to say, that's how CIE syllabus talks to us sometimes =/
It's good I read from reference books in which there were examples.
We know that Vertical circles, conical pendulums and banked tracks can come in exams because they have come in past. But when they came for the first time in exams, the student must have been screwed 180 degrees. Since new things have come in past, they can come now too! So basically it can come from anywhere in the world! It's very discouraging...
I'm not being ungrateful. I've passed Alhamdulillah.

Reaction score
suppose i do fsc and then get admission in NUST completing a bachalor in engineering and the i decide to go to foreign country like USA or UK will i get job there directly?

Reaction score
Hmm...maybe... but let's not forget the catastrophe of last year's FSC Part 1 results.

The NUST entry test is based on FSC. But it was kind of general too. Especially the 'General Awareness' section. I mostly guessed on that part. =P

Loads of A Level students don't work hard, just like students in any other system. But I guess one could say that the FSC exams are predictable since every thing comes from the book, even the Maths questions.

Anyway, let's not 'discuss' this anymore. It might get ugly. =P And it's almost Eid!! =D

I know of A Level students who got into UET, PIEAS ,GIKI, Islamabad Institute for Science and Technology, LUMS SSE. They're all either my classmates or my seniors. And they all did A Levels.

The catch about the UET test (ECAT), though, is that you don't have enough time to do the calculations in the Maths section so you're supposed to memorise the answers to all the questions in the exercises and examples of the FSC Math books. If you can do that, you've got the test in the bag. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the weightage for the ECAT isn't as high as it is for the other tests, so your Matric and Fsc results count more.
I was talking to someone else. Ok I still have a point but let's end the discussion before it goes any further, you're right about that! But you're not right in saying that after making your point :p
It's just like hitting someone with a club and saying let's not fight, it's bad for health :p

Reaction score
Mustehssun Iqbal:
First of all, you got enraged, cool down!
[COLOURS USED TO DIFFERENTIATE PARAGRAPHS]

Fsc pays off the hard work , yeah right, because the so called 'hardwork' is ratification!!!
And i for one would'nt call it hardwork, even madrassa students ratify the Quran, do they learn anything from it or implement it in their lives?
NO!
They just ratify it, not even understanding a word!

And before you get further enraged, the fact i told above is true for majority of Fsc students,
There are other people, however, who UNDERSTAND AND LEARN what they are taught, rather than rote learning, they never whine and go on to success!

When you enter a university, you can clearly classify the crammers and the actual talent, and sadly, the most crammers are from Fsc!
^ This is not exageration or something, it is a fact, my friends from Fsc, who are not crammers have admitted that!

Secondly, About the searching thing, i stand by my point:
Searching material is made easy by the internet!
However, whereever there are roses, there are thorns, and similarly we do have irrelevent material on the internet too!

Yet still, there are some renowned websites like studyguide, youtube channels such as brightstorm and khanacademy that are always reliable!
Students should learn to search for the right ones atleast, not wait to be spoon fed!

Another thing you told is that they do not mention for example they say examples of circular motion, but do not tell which examples..
The thing again is some curiosity and creativity should be developed in the students, the exam should not only test memory, but skill!

The questions each year may differ and some may be new as well. The concept, however, is always the same. If your concept of the phenomenom is clear, you will never face a problem whatever the question is because the question is designed as such!
However, if your concepts aren't clear and you have just 'learned' the mechanisms of one or two experiments and if a different question comes in the exam, you are definintely in trouble!

In practical life, you should be prepared to face new challenges each day, which you might not have handled before, but you may know a phenomenom used similar to another! ;)

Another thing, i know NUST entrance test is Fsc based, or rather Federal board style!
I have opened the Fsc books lots of times, taught my siblings from it, so i know that! :p

Lastly, its not in the genes!
A person who has God-gifted ability is surely a bonus, but others make it up with determination and hardwork! I know quite a number of people like that! :)
Allah created everyone equal, If HE awarded someone with a better IQ, maybe the other person has some other ability better than the former,
Each person is unique, its just about finding out your speciality!

And please this was meant to be a friendly argument, you got enraged , and Iam sorry for that!
My saying is not to condemn or discourage Fsc students, but to condemn the Board!

Yet again, Good students survive and find paths to success, whereever they are!

May Allah guide us all!
Ameen

Pleases end this now!
JazakAllah brother!

Reaction score
suppose i do fsc and then get admission in NUST completing a bachalor in engineering and the i decide to go to foreign country like USA or UK will i get job there directly?
For admission in NUST, A levels or Fsc are both OK options, i think you can opt either way!

It may look easier to go by Fsc and usually , it is but beware do not take it lightly and get your concepts well as i know plenty of Fsc students who flunked in the NUST test!

Reaction score
For admission in NUST, A levels or Fsc are both OK options, i think you can opt either way!

It may look easier to go by Fsc and usually , it is but beware do not take it lightly and get your concepts well as i know plenty of Fsc students who flunked in the NUST test!

So true!

Reaction score
Mustehssun Iqbal:
First of all, you got enraged, cool down!
[COLOURS USED TO DIFFERENTIATE PARAGRAPHS]

Fsc pays off the hard work , yeah right, because the so called 'hardwork' is ratification!!!
And i for one would'nt call it hardwork, even madrassa students ratify the Quran, do they learn anything from it or implement it in their lives?
NO!
They just ratify it, not even understanding a word!

And before you get further enraged, the fact i told above is true for majority of Fsc students,
There are other people, however, who UNDERSTAND AND LEARN what they are taught, rather than rote learning, they never whine and go on to success!

When you enter a university, you can clearly classify the crammers and the actual talent, and sadly, the most crammers are from Fsc!
^ This is not exageration or something, it is a fact, my friends from Fsc, who are not crammers have admitted that!

Secondly, About the searching thing, i stand by my point:
Searching material is made easy by the internet!
However, whereever there are roses, there are thorns, and similarly we do have irrelevent material on the internet too!

Yet still, there are some renowned websites like studyguide, youtube channels such as brightstorm and khanacademy that are always reliable!
Students should learn to search for the right ones atleast, not wait to be spoon fed!

Another thing you told is that they do not mention for example they say examples of circular motion, but do not tell which examples..
The thing again is some curiosity and creativity should be developed in the students, the exam should not only test memory, but skill!

The questions each year may differ and some may be new as well. The concept, however, is always the same. If your concept of the phenomenom is clear, you will never face a problem whatever the question is because the question is designed as such!
However, if your concepts aren't clear and you have just 'learned' the mechanisms of one or two experiments and if a different question comes in the exam, you are definintely in trouble!

In practical life, you should be prepared to face new challenges each day, which you might not have handled before, but you may know a phenomenom used similar to another! ;)

Another thing, i know NUST entrance test is Fsc based, or rather Federal board style!
I have opened the Fsc books lots of times, taught my siblings from it, so i know that! :p

Lastly, its not in the genes!
A person who has God-gifted ability is surely a bonus, but others make it up with determination and hardwork! I know quite a number of people like that! :)
Allah created everyone equal, If HE awarded someone with a better IQ, maybe the other person has some other ability better than the former,
Each person is unique, its just about finding out your speciality!

And please this was meant to be a friendly argument, you got enraged , and Iam sorry for that!
My saying is not to condemn or discourage Fsc students, but to condemn the Board!

Yet again, Good students survive and find paths to success, whereever they are!

May Allah guide us all!
Ameen

Pleases end this now!
JazakAllah brother!
I would just like point out one thing. It's about doing Hifz- e- Quran. Those people might not understand what they read, but they memorize it. Even in case all the copies of the Quran went in hands of the anti- muslims, God forbid, then there will be still the Hafiz-e- Quran who can help in making more copies! If you remember how the Quran was compiled, one of the last steps included recitation from many/ few Hafiz-e- Quran. Allah(S.W.T.) is guarding the Quran through them. So doing Hifz without understanding isn't useless. It has got advantage too. Image if those guys later in life learn Arabic language, what more do they want then?? :)
I agree in some parts of your post. Had it been someone else, I might have said I still have a point, lekin Maaz bhai ap kehte hain to maan hi lete hain... :p
sorry for being enraged. But it was an internet rage, nothing to be meant from it . Sorry if it was offensive, but it wasn't meant to be :)

Reaction score
I would just like point out one thing. It's about doing Hifz- e- Quran. Those people might not understand what they read, but they memorize it. Even in case all the copies of the Quran went in hands of the anti- muslims, God forbid, then there will be still the Hafiz-e- Quran who can help in making more copies! If you remember how the Quran was compiled, one of the last steps included recitation from many/ few Hafiz-e- Quran. Allah(S.W.T.) is guarding the Quran through them. So doing Hifz without understanding isn't useless. It has got advantage too. Image if those guys later in life learn Arabic language, what more do they want then?? :)
I agree in some parts of your post. Had it been someone else, I might have said I still have a point, lekin Maaz bhai ap kehte hain to maan hi lete hain... :p
sorry for being enraged. But it was an internet rage, nothing to be meant from it . Sorry if it was offensive, but it wasn't meant to be :)
Bhai, you took the wrong meaning about memorizing Quran stuff!!
Please ghalat meaning mat nikalen!

I just meant that the majority of Haffaz memorise , without understanding! nothing to do with that they should leave memorizing at all!
I just related the memorizing but not understanding example from here, nothing more!

And you can illustrate you point , maybe it will clear out, maybe im wrong, maybe you are wrong!
And just a thing: About the genes part again:
Usama ibrahim and ibrahim aslam, they got B,B,A and B,B,C respectively!
Yes, these are very good grades but they were upset due to their expectations, however, they never blamed the board or any other thing but themselves!
They were saying kaash thora aur mehnat karlete , our fault!
They blamed themselves and didn't whine!

Hope u understood! :)

Reaction score
Bhai, you took the wrong meaning about memorizing Quran stuff!!
Please ghalat meaning mat nikalen!

I just meant that the majority of Haffaz memorise , without understanding! nothing to do with that they should leave memorizing at all!
I just related the memorizing but not understanding example from here, nothing more!

And you can illustrate you point , maybe it will clear out, maybe im wrong, maybe you are wrong!
And just a thing: About the genes part again:
Usama ibrahim and ibrahim aslam, they got B,B,A and B,B,C respectively!
Yes, these are very good grades but they were upset due to their expectations, however, they never blamed the board or any other thing but themselves!
They were saying kaash thora aur mehnat karlete , our fault!
They blamed themselves and didn't whine!

Hope u understood! :)
I didn't whine. I'm happy with my result Alhamdulillah. I was just discussing that any board can't be flawless that's all, I am not being ungrateful. I am happy with my grades, Alhamdulillah.
I am not blaming the board!! I just don't understand the board... But one can't say it's perfect, almost every board has it's up points and down points.

Reaction score
I didn't whine. I'm happy with my result Alhamdulillah. I was just discussing that any board can't be flawless that's all, I am not being ungrateful. I am happy with my grades, Alhamdulillah.
I am not blaming the board!! I just don't understand the board... But one can't say it's perfect, almost every board has it's up points and down points.
that's why I write in my posts, I am not being ungrateful. I'm happy with my result Alhamdulillah.
Nice to hear that! but your recent posts contadict this!
Anyways : (y)

And yes, no board or no person is perfect, there is always room for improvement, my emphasis was that please dont compare Fsc and cambridge for God's sake!, For Now ! ;)

Just hope we are able to do so in the near future as the board will, Inshallah, improve!
One should hope for betterment , always!
:)

Reaction score
And yes, no board or no person is perfect, there is always room for improvement, my emphasis was that please dont compare Fsc and cambridge for God's sake!, For Now ! ;)

Just hope we are able to do so in the near future as the board will, Inshallah, improve!
One should hope for betterment , always!
indeed! let's hope so...

Reaction score
Nice to hear that! but your recent posts contadict this!
hehe to be honest I thought a little, but only just a little that it could be better, maybe B or C, in Physics, but that was only for a moment. So, I was not going to be a hypocrite and say I am happy with it from the beginning. But I'm not being ungrateful.
There are always grades less than Ds and Es and I'm happy I got these grades, Alhamdulillah.
I hope that explains the point. :)