• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

what to do now..??? i really need you suggestions!!!

Reaction score
i wanted to be a doctor, i had given as level a year ago. and got 2 Es in bio and chemistry and a U in physics...i repeated my whole as level and this time got an A in biology...B in english..an E in chemsitry again and a U in physics again..
some people and teacher tell me to repeat chem and phy...

other say that since i got the same grades twice i should changed subjects and think about something else for my future..and forget about med school..

others tell me to change my subjects to business..

some say i should start over with fsc..

i got an a in biology and b in englsih..please tell me what to do..btw i got 5 AS in olevel

Reaction score
you already wasted 2 years, it depends where you want to study medicine, (you can forget the UK< :/), Well drop Physics and just do Chemistry A level in one year if you can, Well done on the Bio btw, :) do A2 Biology and A2 english and this time Focus on getting proper help?!, Change schools if you can, get notes from someone else do tuition but only if its worth it anyways just work hard thats all I can say Good luck, :)

Reaction score
Why don't you drop English?? Wasn't O level enough?? =/
It takes time... you can focus on other subjects in that time...

Reaction score
quote="thp2011, post: 373686, member: 8723"]there's no english language..in a2..[/quote]
that's good! Now you can focus on Chemistry and Physics!
Why don't you get done with Bio this Oct/ November?? I heard A2 Bio is very lengthy, so warning, grades drop in it...
That's if you're doing it in one year. If you have time to do it in two years, the better.
About Fs.c suggestion, be warned, Fs.c is rattafication mostly , and it's Bio is very difficult( yes I've seen the book ) with having a skill of making good diagrams.
What's wrong in Physics?? =/ sorry to hear about the grades. Maybe if Physics doesn't hit you right, you can do as the person over my post suggested. drop Physics, maybe when you get outstanding grades on other subjects, you can re- think about doing Physics after those exams...
You got to do good in chemistry, yes I know it's frustrating, I just survived A level chemistry on E , and got admission in Engineering, Alhamdulillah.
The point is, chemistry doesn't hit me right too hehe so I can't help you with that. Only you have to score outstanding in Chemistry when you have Biology because Bio and Chemistry go along with each other later in career, just as Physics and Maths go along with each other.
Maybe you can try Fs.c and score good in its Chemistry?? But then you got to be good in rattafication again.
Ask someone else about Chemistry pls. i don't even reply in Chemistry doubts thread hehe , glad it's over. I' m not being ungrateful.
So I got two suggestions:
1) give A2 Biology this Oct/ Nov and Chemistry the next May/ June session, in case you have a 1 year plan. In case you get outstanding grades, go for Physics next session or next year.
OR
complete one subject full, either give A2 Biology or any other one subject full, in the next May/ June session. And the rest in the Oct/ Nov session after that. That's if you have a 2 year plan. In case you get outstanding grades, and get a chance in Medical university, go for Physics in the next exam session of the same year.
2) go for Fs.c
Hope those don't sound crazy and they help...

Reaction score
Did you repeat AS as in the whole year or did you do the oct/nov session while doing A levels? Cause I got disappointing grades for my AS & am deciding to do repeat Bio & Chem in Oct/Nov while starting with A levels at the same time.

Congrats on your Bio btw! & I know how stupid Physics can be >.<

Reaction score
thanks alot for replying...i've already wasted 2 years i'll repeat chemistry in nov...complete my biology and whole physics in may/june i.e. if i can manage all that....you're right.organic chemistry and physics are a real pain in the bum...

Reaction score
Did you repeat AS as in the whole year or did you do the oct/nov session while doing A levels? Cause I got disappointing grades for my AS & am deciding to do repeat Bio & Chem in Oct/Nov while starting with A levels at the same time.

Congrats on your Bio btw! & I know how stupid Physics can be >.<

yes i repeated it in a whole year...