• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which book allowed for A level urdu in exam hall?

Reaction score
'
That's the ONLY book that's allowed in the exam hall.
Also, does anybody want this book? It's just as new, i only used it for taking it to the exam hall :D

Rida do u have some good accounts on Shairs ?( Iqbal,Faiz etc?) .. can u upload its photos please? :(

Reaction score
Rida do u have some good accounts on Shairs ?( Iqbal,Faiz etc?) .. can u upload its photos please? :(
Hey, np ! :D
I have a reference book for that and some teacher's notes. I'll post everything here, give me some time! and Don't worry!
Honestly, there's soooo much. Where do u live ? take all the material from me. I have been left with no use of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mujhse lelo..Even I bought it a week before. And now it's pretty useless.
but u know some other students told me that the book by Dr. Syed Nadeem Jaffar is allowed.:( Can u tell me when u took exam, students were allowed to take that book or not? :unsure:

Reaction score
but u know some other students told me that the book by Dr. Syed Nadeem Jaffar is allowed.:( Can u tell me when u took exam, students were allowed to take that book or not? :unsure:
Ohhh. Strictly speaking, only 'text books' are allowed. Everybody from my colg took the one I told you. But tell me more about this book? Does it only have text or tashreeh as well?

Reaction score
Ohhh. Strictly speaking, only 'text books' are allowed. Everybody from my colg took the one I told you. But tell me more about this book? Does it only have text or tashreeh as well?
yes it has tashreeh..and that is what's worrying me. Students say it is allowed even with tashreeh but I dont think it can be

Reaction score
yes it has tashreeh..and that is what's worrying me. Students say it is allowed even with tashreeh but I dont think it can be
Then it must be a support book..like a reference one. Get this one. The teacher who taught me wrote this book. And I am pretty much done with urdu so just confirm from a teacher or a senior in your city only. If they give you the tashreeh..what's the exam for then? :3

Reaction score
Then it must be a support book..like a reference one. Get this one. The teacher who taught me wrote this book. And I am pretty much done with urdu so just confirm from a teacher or a senior in your city only. If they give you the tashreeh..what's the exam for then? :3
thanks. just a bit more help plz..;). Do u think it'll be okay if I simply print out the poems and ghazals (without Tashreeh)?

Reaction score
thanks. just a bit more help plz..;). Do u think it'll be okay if I simply print out the poems and ghazals (without Tashreeh)?
Hb you first confirm? It sounds okay to me though :) for a fact..no one checked our books in the hall. But that could be because all of us had the same one. They should have seen for any written notes by the candidates but to our surprise, nothing of that sort happened. We had a poem added in our year only..'zindagy' so a lot of people took a print out of that since it wasnt in the text book. So i guess ..You can take it. But first confirm for that book. They invigilators have no clue what's in the syllabus jbtw.

Reaction score
Hb you first confirm? It sounds okay to me though :) for a fact..no one checked our books in the hall. But that could be because all of us had the same one. They should have seen for any written notes by the candidates but to our surprise, nothing of that sort happened. We had a poem added in our year only..'zindagy' so a lot of people took a print out of that since it wasnt in the text book. So i guess ..You can take it. But first confirm for that book. They invigilators have no clue what's in the syllabus jbtw.
ok Jazakillah:)

Reaction score
Hey, np ! :D
I have a reference book for that and some teacher's notes. I'll post everything here, give me some time! and Don't worry!
Honestly, there's soooo much. Where do u live ? take all the material from me. I have been left with no use of it.
I live in Khi.. I am afraid i cant pick everything from u... only hard copy can work for me... tell me if u can upload the photos and that too soon :( i have my exam this week.

Reaction score
'
That's the ONLY book that's allowed in the exam hall.
Also, does anybody want this book? It's just as new, i only used it for taking it to the exam hall :D

Umm.... Hi Rida, when did you appear for ur urdu exam? Because, the book by syed nadeem jafar is also allowed in the Oct/Nov 2015 session (100% confirm).
The british council do have their concerns regarding the nadeem jafar book, but they will allow it for the Oct/Nov session for sure .
P.s Yes I attended a british council seminar regarding urdu 9686 :)