• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which university is best in UK

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'll be applying to a lot of universities. Based on how many acceptances I get, I'll shortlist them. :) :D
Then I'll decide where to go, based on the program, scholarships and financial aids available, undergraduate research opportunities, etc.

Whats gonna b ur main choice? :)

Reaction score
In the UK: Sussex, Cambridge, Oxford, Lancaster, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
In the US: University of Florida, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MIT, all the Ivy League universities, Stanford, University of Chicago, Purdue University, University of Denver, University of Delaware, Caltech, University of California Berkely.
In Canada: University of Toronto.
In Singapore: National University of Singapore.
In Australia: University of Sydney, University of Melbourne.
What about McGill University in Canada?

Reaction score
Hello Priya. :)
So, you are going into Engineering. Good!
I will suggest you 3 universities in USA - MIT, Harvard and Stanford. These are the 3 major university in the world.
In UK, I would say u to go in University of Sussex. :)
Tell me which Engineering line you are choosing, I can guide you more, if I getta know about that.
How about your SATs?
i m going for Computer Sccience with Maths
Guyzz MIT Stanford are all out of my budget..
my budget is juzzt 20 lacs per year
u c i belong to a poor familyy
plzz hlp me
lyk u can tell me about some good scholarships u knw
i m an Indian plzz do hlp me

Reaction score
plzz hlp me

If you can't go to US or UK without a scholarship, then I'm sorry to say that 20 lakhs is not enough. There's tuition fees, living stipend, accommodation costs, equipment and books, etc. All of us are aiming for financial aids and scholarships. Go to each universities websites and search for the scholarships they offer. If you get accepted into MIT, or Stanford, etc., they'll provide financial aid that'll help you to attend those universities. Just focus on getting accepted first, and apply for scholarships and financial aids.

Reaction score
plzz hlp me
Look Priya, I am also from the same category as you are, still I know that I wanna got to MIT, not only us but many other Poor/Middle class family child want to go there in minimum budget and many have already reached there and had passed out with great results. The thing we should keep in mind is TO GIVE OUR BEST SHOT! Forget other things, just believe in yourself and proceed your life. :)
All the best. (y)

Reaction score
so if i want to join in 2015 when should i start applyin?
and are 3A*'s n an A enough to get into MIT or Stanford?/?
The range is A* - B so yes enough. But what about SAT then? If you are going to MIT or any other uni you have to submit your SAT scores a year before. So there is no possibility for you to get into MIT nor Stanford. Waste a year than your life. Sochlo phir decision lena. Let other to reply specially DarkEclipse

Reaction score
so if i want to join in 2015 when should i start applyin?
and are 3A*'s n an A enough to get into MIT or Stanford?/?
MIT and Stanford are met by fierce competition amongst other applicants. Since you haven given the SAT, you won't get the admission in American unis, but you can still get the admission in UK unis. Here is what you will require if you apply to MIT:
http://mitadmissions.org/apply/transfer/documents

You can try in Cambridge University as well. Their requirements are atleast one A* and 2As, which you already satisfy. But to appease their insatiable desire to select the best students from across the world, you will need extra circulars, community service .etc. There are many other unis in UK. Do mention some and I might as well guide you on each one separately
What you need to worry about is the admission. Don't worry about the fees, there are always loans, grants and scholarships to avail from. And they are not the same from everyone; it is primarily dependant on the annual revenue of your parents/guardians, your property amount... (ie. your financial status). However, what I must add is that the cost of living in UK is great. Comparatively America is a a cheaper place to live.

What I would also recommend to you is that do look out for Australian and Canadian unis. To divert your attention from your local unis to the best unis in the world is a great start, and I would advise you to broaden your perspective. If however, you are averse in doing so, or have relatives that live in UK, then do what makes you happy