• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which university is best in UK

Reaction score
MIT and Stanford are met by fierce competition amongst other applicants. Since you haven given the SAT, you won't get the admission in American unis, but you can still get the admission in UK unis. Here is what you will require if you apply to MIT:
http://mitadmissions.org/apply/transfer/documents

You can try in Cambridge University as well. Their requirements are atleast one A* and 2As, which you already satisfy. But to appease their insatiable desire to select the best students from across the world, you will need extra circulars, community service .etc. There are many other unis in UK. Do mention some and I might as well guide you on each one separately
What you need to worry about is the admission. Don't worry about the fees, there are always loans, grants and scholarships to avail from. And they are not the same from everyone; it is primarily dependant on the annual revenue of your parents/guardians, your property amount... (ie. your financial status). However, what I must add is that the cost of living in UK is great. Comparatively America is a a cheaper place to live.

What I would also recommend to you is that do look out for Australian and Canadian unis. To divert your attention from your local unis to the best unis in the world is a great start, and I would advise you to broaden your perspective. If however, you are averse in doing so, or have relatives that live in UK, then do what makes you happy
Which uni you spotted for yourself?

Reaction score
MIT and Stanford are met by fierce competition amongst other applicants. Since you haven given the SAT, you won't get the admission in American unis, but you can still get the admission in UK unis. Here is what you will require if you apply to MIT:
http://mitadmissions.org/apply/transfer/documents

You can try in Cambridge University as well. Their requirements are atleast one A* and 2As, which you already satisfy. But to appease their insatiable desire to select the best students from across the world, you will need extra circulars, community service .etc. There are many other unis in UK. Do mention some and I might as well guide you on each one separately
What you need to worry about is the admission. Don't worry about the fees, there are always loans, grants and scholarships to avail from. And they are not the same from everyone; it is primarily dependant on the annual revenue of your parents/guardians, your property amount... (ie. your financial status). However, what I must add is that the cost of living in UK is great. Comparatively America is a a cheaper place to live.

What I would also recommend to you is that do look out for Australian and Canadian unis. To divert your attention from your local unis to the best unis in the world is a great start, and I would advise you to broaden your perspective. If however, you are averse in doing so, or have relatives that live in UK, then do what makes you happy
hy thnxx this was really helpful. So what if i give SAT now. I mean i will be free after Nov 18 2014. Then i can go for preparing for SAT. Won't i be a good idea?
This year i will apply for some of the best universities of UK, Canada and Australia. If i get in the best i will stop the SAT classes n if i dont get in any i will continue my SAT classess n apply for USA next year
What say?
Plzz dude suggest me the best universities in UK , Australia and Canada
To make sure i have no relatives out side
Can u give me more details on loan like ho much amount i will get n wen will i have to repay it n with what interest?
And ya i read some where tht if i take a loan thn i will have to repay it after i start earning is it tht wat or we need to pay some amount after every year of takin loan?

Reaction score
a year before bull shit thts not fair so i cant apply in any USA universities????
You have to give your SATs in the senior fall year. Like, you have to give it a few months before your Class XII exams or A-levels.
Like, I will be giving my A levels in March 2016, so I will be giving my SATs in 2015, in the month range of September-November. You have to submit the SAT scores and your predicted/actual grades. I encourage you to research about these things instead of waiting for others to inform you. You will be saved from deadlines.

Reaction score
hy thnxx this was really helpful. So what if i give SAT now. I mean i will be free after Nov 18 2014. Then i can go for preparing for SAT. Won't i be a good idea?
This year i will apply for some of the best universities of UK, Canada and Australia. If i get in the best i will stop the SAT classes n if i dont get in any i will continue my SAT classess n apply for USA next year
What say?
Plzz dude suggest me the best universities in UK , Australia and Canada
To make sure i have no relatives out side
Can u give me more details on loan like ho much amount i will get n wen will i have to repay it n with what interest?
And ya i read some where tht if i take a loan thn i will have to repay it after i start earning is it tht wat or we need to pay some amount after every year of takin loan?
Why can't you google the universities you have an interest in? There were plenty of universities that were suggested in the first page of this thread. Check there.

Reaction score
You have to give your SATs in the senior fall year. Like, you have to give it a few months before your Class XII exams or A-levels.
Like, I will be giving my A levels in March 2016, so I will be giving my SATs in 2015, in the month range of September-November. You have to submit the SAT scores and your predicted/actual grades. I encourage you to research about these things instead of waiting for others to inform you. You will be saved from deadlines.
Yup. Pretty true.
U will need to do ur sats b4 the application deadline.

Reaction score
Applying to these, I'll shortlist them depending on the number of acceptances and scholarships I get:
In the UK: University of Glasgow, University of Edinburgh.
In the US: University of Florida, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MIT, all the Ivy League universities, Stanford, Purdue University, University of Delaware, Caltech, University of California Berkely.
In Canada: University of Toronto.
In Singapore: National University of Singapore.

Reaction score
Applying to these, I'll shortlist them depending on the number of acceptances and scholarships I get:
In the UK: University of Glasgow, University of Edinburgh.
In the US: University of Florida, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MIT, all the Ivy League universities, Stanford, Purdue University, University of Delaware, Caltech, University of California Berkely.
In Canada: University of Toronto.
In Singapore: National University of Singapore.
Oh good.
wat course r u planning on taking?

Reaction score
My plan differs from this seriously. And will stick to it. No change. :whistle:

Reaction score
Oh good.
wat course r u planning on taking?
Uh..Chemical & Biomolecular/Biological Engineering, with undergraduate research. I'm also applying for medicine as a back-up. I hope to research into Nanotechnology and its sub-fields.

I will give my A level in 2015 and then a year gap for work experience plus SAT examinations directly after coming dates in 2015. This is my plan.
I'm doing all of them in a single year :p