• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Your thoughts on Veena Malik?

Reaction score
i agree cz wat she wants is 'pubicity' n our media is fulfilin her aims
yes, our media has no vision and proper guidelines. it shows us whatever they desire not keeping in mind what is good for public and what's not.

Reaction score
i hav to agree.....but if u see it frm d media's perspective....dey want money
HOW? by posting news more attractive to ppl
Wat ppl r most interested in? murders, crimes, gambling, scandals nd stuff lyk dis!!

so we cant blame d media unless we chng ourselves!!
yeah but u know they are getting money by many means and they can earn heavy money by promoting any stuff. media doesn't follow the constitution of Pakistan you know which says inform as it happens and no biasness. media takes money from politicians and army as well. anchors get sold for different political parties. and i m sorry i don't agree with you on this that people are interested in knowing about crimes, murders and scandals. see the key is in media's hand. they can show whatever they want and can develop any interest in our public. i would love if there are more channels like virtual university. you know they should educate the masses so to increase the literacy rate. and yeah by changing ourselves what i understand is that be a smart viewer :) don't just feed your mind with useless crappy discussions on these news channels. i don't say they are always of no use. media has done a lot of good stuff as well.

Reaction score
Yeah. ur right. media wants money. and we like this kinda stuff. so they spread it around. like i said before, for every click (for Veena Malik's pic) the media gets money. and this would not appear in media if Veena Malik didn't want it to. but she does. so it is. :| she WANTS this. anyhoo, at the end of the day we all are the culprits. we need to change.

yes the whole system needs to be changed. there should be a check on media as well. Media has gained so much power and influence nowadays in our society. you go 10 years back there was only PTV :D and now there is never ending series of channels.

Reaction score
@topic: nd guess wat.....d best excuse she cud cum up is dat d photos r fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Lol! They were pretty real to me :p
I think I shud start watching big boss now xD

Reaction score
i did not see dem (nd never wil) but 1 ov ma classmates told me dey wer DEFINITELY not edited...

Reaction score
yeah but u know they are getting money by many means and they can earn heavy money by promoting any stuff. media doesn't follow the constitution of Pakistan you know which says inform as it happens and no biasness. media takes money from politicians and army as well. anchors get sold for different political parties. and i m sorry i don't agree with you on this that people are interested in knowing about crimes, murders and scandals. see the key is in media's hand. they can show whatever they want and can develop any interest in our public. i would love if there are more channels like virtual university. you know they should educate the masses so to increase the literacy rate. and yeah by changing ourselves what i understand is that be a smart viewer :) don't just feed your mind with useless crappy discussions on these news channels. i don't say they are always of no use. media has done a lot of good stuff as well.
i agree dat deir r oder ways dat media earns.....but dey r not d main sources! Widout d support of (NON-smart :p) viewers, 60 % of d money dey earn iz out of deir account! Also, media shows d news wid INCREASED info (whether right or wrong, as u said). Furthermore, even talk shows arent supposed to take d side of a particular party unless it deserves it, but money buys u nythin!! the thin iz, we cannot do much bout it! Al we can do iz protest (which often results in more disasters) or chng ourselves....

Wen i said dat ppl r interested to watch crap....i meant dat dey kinda HAV to watch it. On 1 channel, education iz bein provided while on d oder, suicide bombing in ur country is bein shown. Knowin human nature of todays ppl, dey wont give a damn bout education but surely will watch the latter channel. Here cums d change, if we dont pay much attention to it nd prove dat we r not afraid ov it....it will giv us 2 advantages:

1. media will think of showin useful info if ppl r attracted more to dat...
2. bombers may think twice bout givin deir lives to sumthin dat will cause no fear!

media surely has its advantages, but today, its nuthin but a waste of time...