• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Re: ♦ тнє αят ᴏƒ ʛяᴏᴏмiɴʛ уᴏυя ѕᴏυℓѕ ♦

AoA! :)
Asma' bint Abu Bakr (R.A.) narrated that she had gone to the Prophet (S.A.W.) and he said, " Do not shut your money bag; otherwise Allah too will with-hold His blessings from you. Spend (in Allah's Cause) as much as you can afford." ---Sahih Bukhari

Reaction score

AoA! :)
This is an excerpt from the book "Islam's Response to Contemporary Issues". I'm posting it here because I believe that it will certainly help us in grooming our souls so please take the time to read it through. JazakAllah! :)

"The responsibility for care of the aged is gradually shifting to the state. Care of the aged represents a heavy burden on the national economy. However much a state is ready to spend, it can never buy them peace and contentment. The most terrible feeling of having been rejected, left out and abandoned, and the most painful realisation, of a growing void of loneliness within are problems beyond the reach of many to resolve. To consider that a comparatively remote relative would ever be taken care of by the rest of the family has become almost impossible to imagine.

In such societies, the need for homes for the aged grows with the passage of time. Yet, it is not always possible for a stage to apportion enough money to provide for them even the minimum requirements of a decent life. Physical ailments are much easier to cure or alleviate but the deep psychological traumas from which a considerable number of elderly members of modern societies are suffering, are far more difficult to treat.

In predominantly Muslim countries, however much values may have deteriorated, the condition which prevails in the rest of contemporary society, is unthinkable. It is considered a disgrace and dishonour for the old and aged to be treated with such disrespect and callousness. It is a matter of shame for most Muslims to hand over the responsibilities of elderly relatives to the state even if the state is willing to look after them.

As such, the role of a Muslim woman amidst her home and family is far from over with the coming of age of the children. She remains deeply bonded to the past as well as to the future. It is her kind and humane concern, and her innate ability to look after those who stand in need of care, which comes to the rescue of the older members of society. They remain as precious and respected as before and continue to be integral members of the family. The mother plays a major part in looking after them and providing them with her company, not as drudgery and tedium, but as live natural expression of human kinship. Thus, when she grows older she can rest assured that such a society will not eject her nor leave her abandoned as a relic of the past.

Of course, there are exceptions in every society and there are old remnants of the past considered as tiresome burdens in some Muslim families living under the influences of the so-called modern trends. But one the whole, Muslim societies are relatively free of homes for abandoned parents unlike other societies.

This reminds me of a joke which may make some people laugh yet move some others to tears. Once a child observed with much pain and unease the ill-treatment of his grandfather at the hands of his father. He was gradually transferred from a well-provided and comfortable main bedroom to a smaller and less convenient accommodation until it was finally decided to remove the grandfather to the servant's quarters. During an exceptionally severe winter, the grandfather complained of his room being too chilly and his quilt being too thin to make him feel warm and comfortable. The father started looking for an extra blanket from a stock of old, useless rags. Observing this, the child turned to his father and requested: `Please do not give all the rags to grandpa. Keep some for me so that I may be able to give them to you when you grow old.'

In this innocent expression of a child's displeasure is concentrated all the agony of the older generation in modern times.

In Muslim societies, it is as rare to find such exceptions, as it is rare and becoming more rare to find exceptions in modern societies amongst relatives in their treatment of the old. Muslims are taught:

Thy Lord has commanded, `Worship none but Him, and show kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, never say unto them any word expressive of disgust nor reproach them, but (always) address them with excellent speech. And lower to them the wing of humility out of tenderness.' And say, `My Lord, have mercy on them even as they nourished me (when I was) a little child.' (17:24,25)
These verses are the most significant on this subject. After the Unity of God, human beings should, through their attitude of love, affection and kindness, give priority over all other things to their parents who have reached an old and difficult age.
Further, the verses speak of situations when the behaviour of one or both of the parents becomes extremely trying and sometimes offensive. In response to that, not even a mild expression of disgust or disapproval should pass one's lips. On the contrary, they should be treated with profound respect.

The emphasis on the most excellent relationship between one generation and another slowly passing away guarantees that no generation gaps appears. Such gaps always interrupt the transmission of traditional moral values.

Islamic social philosophy, therefore, teaches that no generation should permit a gap to appear between it and the outgoing generation and between it and the future generation. Generation gaps are totally alien to Islam.

As stated earlier, the family concept in Islam is not limited to members of a single home. The following verse instructs Muslims to spend not only on their parents but also their kith and kin who are mentioned next to parents in order of preference so that their sense of dignity is not injured and mutual love is promoted.

Worship Allah and associate naught with Him, and show kindness to parents, and to kindred, orphans, the needy and to the neighbour who is a kinsman and the neighbour who is a stranger, and the companion by (your) side and the wayfarer and those who are under your authority. Surely, Allah loves not the arrogant (and) the boastful. (4:37)
If contemporary society learns the lesson from those injunctions, many problems which it faces today and which represent a blemish on an advanced society, would cease to exist. No elderly homes or homes for the aged would be needed, except for some aged people who, unfortunately, have no close relative to look after them. But in an Islamic society, the love between parents and children is so repeatedly emphasised that it is impossible for a child to abandon his or her parents when they grow old for the sake of his or her own pleasure."

Reaction score

We all know many surahs by hearts, but there are still many we dont.
There is a site, which can help to learn surah, even bigger surahs like surah Yasin.

http://www.mounthira.com/

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

AoA. Wow. People. Awesome. And. Thank you!
I guess, I was quiet for a long time here. Sorry for that.
So here's my little contribution:
See, do not feel deprived EVER, if you have bread in your home to eat, a glass of water to drink and clothes on your body.
A mariner once became lost at sea, and remained lost for twenty-one days. When he was saved, someone asked him what the greatest lesson was that he took away with him from the experience. His answer was simple, "The biggest lesson that I learned from it was that if you have fresh water and sufficient food, you should never complain."
It has been said, "Life in its entirety is a morsel of food and a drink of water. Whatever exceeds this, is totally the EXCESS.

Just contemplate over this saying of Jonathan Swift, "the best doctors in the world are 'the proper diet doctor', 'the rest doctor' and, 'the doctor of happiness'."

Thank you

Reaction score

Anon said:
We all know many surahs by hearts, but there are still many we dont.
There is a site, which can help to learn surah, even bigger surahs like surah Yasin.

http://www.mounthira.com/

Thanks and Jazakalla for this ill try to learn Surah Fajr with this and possibly many other surahs !!
thanks !!

Hey does this Website have how to learn surah fajr i want to learn it ??? anyways ill learn it the way we all know anyways !!

heres a little boost for all of us just keep helping others no matter how small ur act may be if it helps others then surely ull be rewarded possibly not by humans but by Allah, so just dont think that if u post anything here and dont get a thanks that its useless to post here but what u are doing is something which is being watched by Allah the Lord of the heavens and earth and he will surely award u whether a small or big the good deed may be so always try to help.

The Prophet (SAW) once said:

“He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and he who finds relief for a hard-pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection; he who covers up (the faults and sins) of a Muslim, Allah will cover up (his faults and sins) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother…” [Muslim]

Reaction score

Respect for Math Angel

Reaction score
if you have...............

(MAYBE THIS HAS BEEN SHARED BEFORE OR NOT..............I DECIDED TO SHARE IT) :)

If you have:
Food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep..
-You are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have:
Money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change..
-You are among the top 8% of the world's wealthiest.

If you are:
Attending college, or planning on attending college..
-You are among the top 1% educated globally.

If you woke up this morning,
with more health than illness.
-You are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced:
the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation.
-You are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you are reading this message:
you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

We all take these things for granted. We're so lucky but we don't realize it. so just think about how fortunate you are.

ALHAMDULILAH..................THANK ALLAH ALMIGHTY FOR HIS BLESSINGS

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!!
Here's a verse from the Quran!

Respect and honour all human beings irrespective of their religion, colour, race, sex, language, status, property, birth, profession/job and so on
[al-Isra' 17:70]

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Re: 'Oh that I regret...' - Shaykh Muhammad Mukhtar

Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!

Do watch this!
Oh that I regret...!

May Allah guide us all and May we succees in the life to come! Aameen!

AoA!
I'm word-less.
"There is no speech more beautiful and has an effect, like the verses where Allah praises Himself, and informs us about Himself.. . " Wow!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

^Waalaikumassalam! :)
so true!

Reaction score
Re: *~*~♦ тнє αят ᴏƒ ʛяᴏᴏмiɴʛ уᴏυя ѕᴏυℓѕ ♦~*~*

Was just watching a programme on ARY in which a story was being told of a teenage boy who was only 17 years of age !! His parents had died and was an orphan !! He had never studied Quran or performed prayer but soon he encountered a Molvi who brain washed the boy and told him the desire to please Allah by Performing Jihad !! He read many verses in front of the boy which emphasized on Jihad and at last the boy agreed to use him self as a sucide bomber!! But before he could perform the act he was caught by the police and now after 10 years he was able to communicate with the media and tell his story to others !!
Brothers and Sisters !! The Quran says: "On that account We ordained for the Children of Isra`il that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole humanity: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole humanity. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear (guidance), yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (5:32)" So are these people doing Jihad ??? They are worst then Unbelievers and will directly be thrown into the fire of Hell !! I shared this because I heard many people saying that the people who do this sucide bombing are Shaheed's !! They are completely wrong and this verse above clears up the fact

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!! :)

Do not expect a return for your good behaviour, not even thanks
[Al Quran::Surah al_Insan 76:9]

this is so true! cuz many times in life we get disappointed when we do a lot for a person or give a lot to him/her and we do not get the same kind of response! or what we expect!

So never expect anything from anyone except Allah Almighty! I hope we all are able to follow this golden rule in life! Aameen! :)

Reaction score

Assalamoallikum
Decided to share this verse !! it is a beautiful verse and also has a unique translation and the Power of Al-Mighty Allah !!
The Quran says:
Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay,they live, finding their substenance in presence of their Lord.(3:169)
This verse not only tells muslims to acknowledge the fact that people who are Martyrs are alive but Allah also provides them with Substenance ?? How do you think it is possible ??
The Quran says that Humans have limitations for the power of thinking and cannot even imagine about the events which are known by Allah !! for e.g the Day of Judgement !!
Allah is so merciful to the people who die in his cause that he not only keeps them alive but also provides them with food !! It is a fact that Person who is only alive can take food !! how can the soul of the person eat or drink ?? So we should never call those dead who die in the way of Allah like the three Rightly Guided Caliphs !!

Reaction score

Assalam-o-Alikum!
Hazrat Muhammad (sallal laho alyhe wassalam) ny farmaya: "Allah k nazdik sab se behtar wo shakhs hai jo salaam mein sabqat karey." (Abi Daoud, Kitabul Adb) :)

Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!
I read this somewhere and thought it would be good if I shared it :

"A Muslim should always watch his/her mouth and not curse. Never let yourself succumb to using these awful four-letter swear words even in the face of hardship. One way to stop using them is to force yourself to donate charity everytime you use bad language."

Reaction score

the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: 'Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.'"

[Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).]

Reaction score

Assalaam-O-Alaikum!
I got this in a forward mail, I thought of sharing it =)
It is said that when the angel of death is taking out the Rooh (soul) out of the body whom passes away..it is a Painful experience.
They say that when the dead rise on Qayamat, the effect of the rooh being taken out is still there.
Therefore Allah (S.W.T.) has told us to recite Ayat ul Qursi after every Farz Salaat, & it is stated that whoever recites this, their rooh will be taken out as you would take out a strand of hair from a pile of flour. Masha Allah!
May Allah save us from any sort of pain & may He let us die with Imaan in our hearts & save us from Azaab. Ameen!