• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Ibn ul Qayyim (ra) writes:

“One of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said: “Indeed a servant commits a sin by which he enters Paradise; and another does a good deed by which he enters the Fire.” It was asked: How is that? So he replied: “The one who committed the sin, constantly thinks about it; which causes him to fear it, regret it, weep over it and feel ashamed in front of his Lord—the Most High—due to it. He stands before Allah, broken-hearted and with his head lowered in humility. So this sin is more beneficial to him than doing many acts of obedience, since it caused him to have humility and humbleness—which leads to the servant’s happiness and success—to the extent that this sin becomes the cause for him entering Paradise. As for the doer of good, then he does not consider this good a favor from his Lord upon him. Rather, he becomes arrogant and amazed with himself, saying: I have achieved such and such, and such and such. So this further increases him in self-adulation, pride and arrogance—such that this becomes the cause for his destruction.”

Allah (swt) reminds us in the Qur’an to never lose hope. He says: “Say, ‘O My servants who have transgressed against their souls [by sinning], despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful,’” (39:53).

Reaction score
The Prophet (SAW) said 'The right of a Muslim upon a Muslim are six' It was asked what are they? He replied
' When you meet him, salute him
when he calls you, respond to him
When he seeks advice , give him advice
When he sneezes and praises Allah, respond to him
When he falls ill, visit him
When he dies, follow him (the funeral bier)' (Muslim)

Reaction score
"When you see a person who has been given more than you, in money and beauty, then look to those, who have been given less!" - Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s) (Muslim)

Why be proud and arrogant of your looks or your intelligence when they are things that Allah created and not something that you worked for? Why be proud of your wealth when all wealth is from Allah and it is He who bestowed that upon you? And it is He who can take it all way? In fact, why be proud of anything when everything that you have in this dunya is Allah’s and you are only a trustee?
In fact, the more ‘lucky’ we get in this world, the more we should guard ourself for when our time has come and Allah asks, “Of all the favours I have given you, what have you done with them?” We better make sure we have a sound portfolio and account to present to Him.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Dear All,

Assalamu Alykum wa rahmatullah. Steve Jobs, Ex-CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, mentioned the third story “about death” in his great commencement speech at Stanford University on June 12, 2005 as follows:

“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart”.

Steve Jobs might or might have not known the following hadith while mentioning the above quote in his commencement speech:

Narrated Mujahid: 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you are a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death." (Shahi Al Bukhari; Book #76, Hadith #425)

Steve Jobs thought and definitely implemented this quote in his life in the materialistic way of thinking, but as Muslims if we take the above hadith spiritually along with the worldly affairs in our life, we will inshallah reach to the perfection of the goal in our life.

Ata bin Rauba, the great Tabeyee in Makkah in his time said that there are three following benefits for remembering death:

Hasten to repentance. As we don’t know when the Angel of Death will approach us, we always need to hasten to repent to Allah SWT for our sins.

Contentment of the heart. If we have contentment of the heart, we will be satisfied with what Allah has given us.

Will not compete with the people of this world over this world. All fighting, oppression, anarchism etc. is happening in this world simply to gain worldly benefits. Most of the people in this world are not satisfied with what he has been given by Allah SWT. The Prophet (PBUH) said if the son of Adam was given one valley of gold, he will request for another one. Nothing will please the son of Adam, or shut him up, except dirt, meaning death.

When a non-Muslim is successful he thinks that his success is a result of his intelligence. But if he fails or something bad happens to him, he says that he has bad luck. However, for the Muslim, it is always a win-win situation as mentioned in the following hadith in Sahi Al Muslim:

Suhaib reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: “The affair of the believer is amazing! The whole of his life is beneficial, and that is only in the case of the believer. When good times come to him, he is thankful and it is good for him, and when bad times befall him, he is patient and it is also good for him.”
(Shahi Al Muslim; Book #042, Hadith #7138)

Reaction score
~~BEAUTIFUL HADITH~~
”Allah Almighty said “I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me to himself, I would remember him to Myself. And if he remembers Me in a gathering, I would remember him in a gathering, which is even better. And if My servant draws near to Me by a hand’s span, I would draw near to him by an arm’s length and if he draws near to Me by an arm’s length, I would draw near to him by a fathom’s length. And if My servant comes to me walking, I would go to him speeding.” (Al-Bukhari)