• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*~*~♦ тнᴇ αят ᴏƒ ɢяᴏᴏмɪɴɢ уᴏυя ѕᴏυʟѕ ♦~*~*

Reaction score
Dr+Zakir+Naik+Quotes+2014+(3).jpg
u keep this therad alive
gud job ;)

Reaction score
We do. :)
Check the link "O you who listens to music..!"
I don't find any strict and direct prohibition on the listening of music, really. Of course, it has to be makrooh because it has undesirable and "intoxicating" effects on us, but then that doesn't count as haraam.
And if we say it keeps us away from the Quran, then a lot of our other hobbies do so too.

I'm not for music, but trying to understand the reason behind its total ban.

Anyway,its good :) Better not to listen to it if in doubt---
Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir: The Prophet said "Both legal and illegal things are obvious, and in between them are (suspicious) doubtful matters. So who-ever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly illegal; and who-ever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things bravely, is likely to commit what is clearly illegal. Sins are Allah's Hima (i.e. private pasture) and whoever pastures (his sheep) near it, is likely to get in it at any moment." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #34, Hadith #267)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I don't find any strict and direct prohibition on the listening of music, really. Of course, it has to be makrooh because it has undesirable and "intoxicating" effects on us, but then that doesn't count as haraam.
And if we say it keeps us away from the Quran, then a lot of our other hobbies do so too.

I'm not for music, but trying to understand the reason behind its total ban.

Anyway,its good :) Better not to listen to it if in doubt---
Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir: The Prophet said "Both legal and illegal things are obvious, and in between them are (suspicious) doubtful matters. So who-ever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly illegal; and who-ever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things bravely, is likely to commit what is clearly illegal. Sins are Allah's Hima (i.e. private pasture) and whoever pastures (his sheep) near it, is likely to get in it at any moment." (Sahih Bukhari, Book #34, Hadith #267)
Yeah. And do check that link, its awesome.

Reaction score
"One of the most important things in our deen is adab. Adab means to put a thing in its proper place. You know, in Urdu there is a word: ‘adeeb’ - what does it mean? It means ‘a writer’. What does a writer do? He puts words at their proper places - he picks out a few words and he puts each word in its proper place and it forms beautiful writing - and that’s why an ‘adeeb’ is called an ‘adeeb’. He is a person of adab, and what is he doing adab of? Of words - he is putting them in its proper place. It is a very important principle of our deen. Putting people in their proper place, putting things in their proper place…"
Adab Is Part of Deen”

Reaction score
“It is not possible that God should be pleased with you while in your hearts there is someone dearer to you than him.”