• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

Reaction score
I'VE MADE A COMPLETE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR BOTH O+A LEVEL EQUIVALENCE:
oalevelequivalence.wordpress.com

Getting your Equivalence certificate after A level is one of the biggest confusion that students face, so did I. That's why I decided to create a thread on it so that others can be benefited from my experience. So the steps go like this:

1.Make sure you already have your O level Equivalence certificate before you apply for your overall equivalence that most of the universities in Pakistan ask for. It's advisable to get your OL equivalence made before your A Level CIEs to avoid rush and huge delays. You can get your Equivalence made at any time of the year once you have the documents.

2.To have your O level equivalence made, you must have these subjects:

i) Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.
ii) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.

-You can calculate it on your own using this formula:

A*-90
A-85
B-75
C-65
D-55

You simply add up the marks in your subjects and divide it by 800 to get the final percentage. Your final marks are calculated out of 900 like this: (Your marks/800)*900.

3.To have your A level equivalence made, you must:

*Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.

*Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.

*General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects.

*Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.

* All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

4.To calculate your overall equivalence out of 1100 marks in FSC you again use the same raw marks for each grade as mentioned above. In A level you divide the total of your 3 subjects by 300. Example: You got A*AB.

Total= 90+85+75=250/300.

This means your total equivalence would be:
[(Total marks in O level out of 800)+(A level marks out of 300)]/1100
and this is how you would get your final percentage.

HOW TO APPLY FOR O LEVEL EQUIVALENCE:

· Download the form from here:

www.ibcc.edu.pk/Downloads/form.pdf

***Please see the attachment below that includes a filled form which you can follow.
To open it, you need Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader. Please google them for free download.***

· You simply fill the form. Paste 2 photographs as asked. Write all the details. Leave out the portion that’s reserved for office use.

· If you want the Normal processing then it will cost 1500Rs and take 1-2 weeks (as per 2nd September 2014) and Urgent would cost 3000Rs and take 3-4 days.

· After filling the form, you need to gather:
O level certificates and your CNIC.

· YOU NEED TO GET THE COPIES OF YOUR OL CERTIFICATES AND CNIC ATTESTED. It’s advisable to get 2 copies of each of them. They can be attested by any government worker that is working on above 16th scale. It’s much better to avoid the attestation through the IBCC. It costs extra money and time. Besides, attestations is just a stamp and signature of the government employee.

· After you have COMPLETE FORM, ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES AND CNIC ALONG WITH ATTESTED COPIES OF OL CERTIFICATES and CNIC, then you are good to go.

· IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR O LEVEL CERTIFICATES DON’T HAVE THE HARD LAMINATION WHICH IS DONE BY THE MACHINE.
Instead buy a plastic cover and place your certificates inside it; to avoid any complications at the point of submission. I too did the similar mistake but they accepted them after persuasion and they had to tear the bottom corner of my certificates to place their stamp.

· You go to IBCC office (it’s preferable to go early by 9-10 am to avoid rush and long queue) and get the challan form.

· After getting challan form you will submit it at the HBL branch inside the building, get the copy and head back to the IBCC office.

· After the successful submission of documents, you would be given the student’s copy of the challan that you will keep and a date would be told to you for collecting the certificate.

HOW TO APPLY FOR A LEVEL EQUIVALENCE

*** If you have gotten into a university which requires Equivalence certificate before your official certificates have arrived then follow this as XPFMember said:
You can get a provisional equivalence via your statement of result which is issued in about 2-3 weeks after result if I rightly remember. This provisional equivalence is valid for 3 months, and you can use that for applying to universities.
And get the Equivalence certificate made, once you get the original certificate.

The steps to apply for A level equivalence are same as mentioned above.

· The only additional documents you need are your A level certificates.

· Final package would include: Original A Level certificates, O level certificates, CNIC and O Level equivalence. Also, attested copies of: A level certificates, O level certificates, CNIC. This time you would also need to take the attested copy of your O Level equivalence along with the documents mentioned above.

· Again follow the same procedure of filling the form that was given in the start.

· Take the form and documents to the IBCC office. Fetch the challan form.

· Fill the challan form. Again, normal would cost 1500Rs and take 1-2 weeks while urgent would cost 3000Rs and would be done within in a 3-4 days.

· Submit the challan form at the HBL branch inside the building and then head back to IBCC office.

· Submit your documents, get the student’s copy and wait for the date that you are assigned.

This is pretty much it. I hope this thread proves to be beneficial for everyone. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask them.

I'VE MADE A COMPLETE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR BOTH O+A LEVEL EQUIVALENCE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiyHMvy03S68ThO-3DTsabQ/playlists

Attachments

• form.pdf
    187.2 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah is it the same guy I used to play COD with? ;)

Jokes aside, the part where you have mentioned the method of calculating A levels equivalence, you wrote "Total marks in O level out of 900", those marks are out of 800, not 900 when you are calculating A levels equivalence.

Reaction score
Ah is it the same guy I used to play COD with? ;)

Jokes aside, the part where you have mentioned the method of calculating A levels equivalence, you wrote "Total marks in O level out of 900", those marks are out of 800, not 900 when you are calculating A levels equivalence.
Haha, yes it's the same guy who also won the XPC contest! ;)
Good to see you, Captain.

Yes, my bad. Thank you for the correction. :)
Can I get this thread sticky-ed? I think it will help the students alot.

Reaction score
i have completed my A-levels in Malaysia and before that i did my SSC in Pakistan (9 ,10). Therefore i don't have o levels. kindly let me know that is it possible for me to get my A-levels equivalence ?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks! Idk why but my teachers say I've to give Islamiyat and Pak. Studies in order to get an equivalence certificate whereas in the IBCC's doc I'm exempted as I'm an overseas student.
So, since I'm an overseas student my teachers insisted on giving Pak. studies & Islamiyat If was to study in Pak but I didn't take these 2 subjects when I appeared for O' Level exams in June session, 2014.
So, recently I appeared for Islamiyat along with 2 AS level subjects and I'm going to appear for Pak. Studies in either 2016's June session or Nov session.
I'm totally confused.. I've no option left but to appear even if it ain't required.
linkinpark

P.S: I'm in A2

Reaction score
Thanks! Idk why but my teachers say I've to give Islamiyat and Pak. Studies in order to get an equivalence certificate whereas in the IBCC's doc I'm exempted as I'm an overseas student.
So, since I'm an overseas student my teachers insisted on giving Pak. studies & Islamiyat If was to study in Pak but I didn't take these 2 subjects when I appeared for O' Level exams in June session, 2014.
So, recently I appeared for Islamiyat along with 2 AS level subjects and I'm going to appear for Pak. Studies in either 2016's June session or Nov session.
I'm totally confused.. I've no option left but to appear even if it ain't required.
linkinpark

P.S: I'm in A2
Check attached documents

Attachments

• Equivalence.doc
    79 KB · Views: 129
  • Form.doc
    88 KB · Views: 96
Reaction score
Hi, I need help as well. Just tell me everything for this. I want equivalence for o levels. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 81
Reaction score
Getting your Equivalence certificate after A level is one of the biggest confusion that students face, so did I. That's why I decided to create a thread on it so that others can be benefited from my experience. So the steps go like this:

1.Make sure you already have your O level Equivalence certificate before you apply for your overall equivalence that most of the universities in Pakistan ask for. It's advisable to get your OL equivalence made before your A Level CIEs to avoid rush and huge delays.

2.To have your O level equivalence made, you must have these subjects:

i) Pakistan Based Examinations: Eight subjects including Compulsory English, Mathematics, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and three electives.

ii) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives.

-You can calculate it on your own using this formula:
A*-90

A-85

B-75

C-65

D-55

You simply add up the marks in your subjects and divide it by 800 to get the final percentage. Your final marks are calculated out of 900 like this: (Your marks/800)*900.

3.To have your A level equivalence made, you must:

*Pre-Medical Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and three ‘A’ levels (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) with minimum E Grade.

*Pre-Engineering Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects (including English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology/Computer Studies) and three ‘A’ level subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) with minimum E Grade.

*General Science Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects with three ‘A’ level subjects.

*Humanities Group: Eight/five ‘O’ level subjects including English and Mathematics with three ‘A’ level subjects.

* All Pakistani nationals appearing for examinations from Pakistan shall have to pass Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Mathematics along with other required subjects to qualify for equivalence.

4.To calculate your overall equivalence out of 1100 marks in FSC you again use the same raw marks for each grade as mentioned above. In A level you divide the total of your 3 subjects by 300. Example: You got A*AB.

Total= 90+85+75=250/300.

This means your total equivalence would be:
[(Total marks in O level out of 800)+(A level marks out of 300)]/1100
and this is how you would get your final percentage.

HOW TO APPLY FOR O LEVEL EQUIVALENCE:

· Download the form from here:

www.ibcc.edu.pk/Downloads/form.pdf

· You simply fill the form. Paste 2 photographs as asked. Write all the details. Leave out the portion that’s reserved for office use.

· If you want the Normal processing then it will cost 1500Rs and take 1-2 weeks (as per 2nd September 2014) and Urgent would cost 3000Rs and take 3-4 days.

· After filling the form, you need to gather:
O level certificates and your CNIC.

· YOU NEED TO GET THE COPIES OF YOUR OL CERTIFICATES AND CNIC ATTESTED. It’s advisable to get 2 copies of each of them. They can be attested by any government worker that is working on above 16th scale. It’s much better to avoid the attestation through the IBCC. It costs extra money and time. Besides, attestations is just a stamp and signature of the government employee.

· After you have COMPLETE FORM, ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES AND CNIC ALONG WITH ATTESTED COPIES OF OL CERTIFICATES and CNIC, then you are good to go.

· IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR O LEVEL CERTIFICATES DON’T HAVE THE HARD LAMINATION WHICH IS DONE BY THE MACHINE. INSTEAD BUY A PLASTIC COVER AND PLACE YOUR CERTIFICATES INSIDE IT; TO AVOID ANY COMPLICATIONS AT THE POINT OF SUBMISSION. I too did the similar mistake but they accepted them after persuasion and they had to tear the bottom corner of my certificates to place their stamp.

· You go to IBCC office (it’s preferable to go early by 9-10 am to avoid rush and long queue) and get the challan form.

· After getting challan form you will submit it at the HBL branch inside the building, get the copy and head back to the IBCC office.

· After the successful submission of documents, you would be given the student’s copy of the challan that you will keep and a date would be told to you for collecting the certificate.

HOW TO APPLY FOR A LEVEL EQUIVALENCE

The steps to apply for A level equivalence are same as mentioned above.

· The only additional documents you need are your A level certificates.

· Final package would include: Original A Level certificates, O level certificates, CNIC and O Level equivalence. Also, attested copies of: A level certificates, O level certificates, CNIC. This time you would also need to take the attested copy of your O Level equivalence along with the documents mentioned above.

· Again follow the same procedure of filling the form that was given in the start.

· Take the form and documents to the IBCC office. Fetch the challan form.

· Fill the challan form. Again, normal would cost 1500Rs and take 1-2 weeks while urgent would cost 3000Rs and would be done within in a 3-4 days.

· Submit the challan form at the HBL branch inside the building and then head back to IBCC office.

· Submit your documents, get the student’s copy and wait for the date that you are assigned.

This is pretty much it. I hope this thread proves to be beneficial all of the fellows. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask them.

Hi, I need help as well. Just tell me everything for this. I want equivalence for o levels. Thank you
Please help. Tell me about each line

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum guys!
I wanted information regarding getting an equivalence certificate on my High school diploma *my school is accredited by an American org. called the AdvancED
I actually sent my diploma for an equivalence certificate but they objected on something and rejected it!

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum guys!
I wanted information regarding getting an equivalence certificate on my High school diploma *my school is accredited by an American org. called the AdvancED
I actually sent my diploma for an equivalence certificate but they objected on something and rejected it!
I have no idea of it but as far as I know, HEC only recognizes CIE, IB, American Diploma and Edexcel and maybe a couple of other boards. You should've asked it from their representative.

Reaction score
I have no idea of it but as far as I know, HEC only recognizes CIE, IB, American Diploma and Edexcel and maybe a couple of other boards. You should've asked it from their representative.
umm yeah.. I guess my diploma falls under American Diploma.. actually they objected on the duration of the accreditation, my school got recognised in late 2014 which only covers 2 years until now", 11th & 12th".
And I actually dont reside in Pakistan... my Dad's bro visited the IBCC and submitted the docs