• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Assalamualikum

Can anyone write me a short note on : role of memory cells in long term immunity.

Thanx a bunch & best of luck to all the Bio candidates tomorrow (y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I wish I could rotate it 90*
There is a major mistake in your answer which i must clarify.U have mentioned "plasma cells produces memory cells and antibodies" which is completely a false statement and will be penalized.After clonal selection,specific B-lymphocytes are stimulated which divide by mitosis into memory cells and plasma cells.Plasma cells produce antibodies against the parasite and memory cells remain in blood and divide into plasma cells and more memory cells if the same antigen is reintroduced in the body.
Daem :O thnks so much

Reaction score
Well you answer is correct but you don't need to add the last line, B-cells develop into plasma cells upon next attack, which is ok but doesn't needs to be there. Because they only want how antibodies are produced. I guess you need to include T-Lymphocyte Cells, not only plasma because B-lymphocytes are activated or stimulated by T-cells, by producing cytokines. So include T-lymphocytes in your answer. You might also want to include Role of macro phage (Antigen-Presenting Cell).
You wrote the right answer i guess instead of B-cells having immunoglobin write T-cells having immunoglobin/receptors to detect the antigen, which then... [clonal selection, expansion], produce cytokines to stimulate B-Cells which develop into plasma and memory cells. Plasma cells .....[functions]
T-Cells should be included in your answer.
thnks alot!!! :D

Reaction score
if there is a graph question asking only to discribe....den we just need to wright about the graph trends right????.....noneed to explan the facts like why it happened nd the mechanisms and everythin???

Reaction score
if there is a graph question asking only to discribe....den we just need to wright about the graph trends right????.....noneed to explan the facts like why it happened nd the mechanisms and everythin???
No you don't have to explain unless it is mentioned, but we should include figures from the graph in our answer

Reaction score
I will try..
The first pathogen was free in Blood so easier to vaccinate against , second one is hidden in RBC.
The second one will have More parasites, hard to kill them all :p
Vaccination of second one would not prevent Liver damage (lastt one is is from M.S :p)
And ofcourse you could write in better wording than me :p!

Its really weird and I don't even get the Q' either the ans in m.s !

Reaction score
1)Cell Surface membranes
2)Mitosis diagrams (general idea)
3)Formation of Polysaccarides
4)formation of Protiens
Thats all i have seen so Far! :)
Maybe :-
5) Nucleotides (Sugar back bone +phosphate+Nitrogenous base )

Thanks even I saw once some cell structure like RER and mitochondria