• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
time is inversely proportional to the rate of reaction. Had it been rate on the y axis, we might go for chosing B.

Hence it's A..the reaction will never go to completion when enzyme's denatured.
thanks once again.

Reaction score
24 In a DNA molecule, the base sequence AGT codes for the amino acid serine.
What is the base sequence of the anti-codon on the tRNA to which serine becomes attached?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
24 In a DNA molecule, the base sequence AGT codes for the amino acid serine.
What is the base sequence of the anti-codon on the tRNA to which serine becomes attached?
mRNA wud have UCA so tRNA will have AGU

Reaction score
shukran!

7 Some soil-borne fungi cause wilting in crop plants by growing within the xylem vessels.
Which process will be directly affected by these fungi?
A cohesion between water molecules
B development of root pressure
C mass flow during translocation
D uptake of water by root hair cells

why only A statement correct?

Reaction score
can some1 answer this plz..
outline the behavior of chromosomes during meiosis????

Reaction score
i have a question is Classified pastpapers of Biology AS in the chapter immunity... The Question is like.. ( state the advantage of converting the number of deaths into percentage of deaths in the case of circulatory and degenerative disease ).... Need an answer Please.... THANKS!!!!

Reaction score
Salaam hi guys hope u all r fine, can someone plz tell me where i can find the Biology and Chemistry A Level past papers plz thnx in advance plz as soon as possible

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
I didn't understand this part !!
( the length the scale bar represents )--------------------------------------------------------> That's the actual size, that is, the real size of what's inside the microscope
so ur saying theat 1microm of the scale bar is the needed!! -------------------------------> Yep! :)
isn't 23000 representing the length of the scale bAR!--------------------------------------> No! That's the length of the chloroplast which u represent in micrometres (23mm -> 23000 micrometres).

so confused!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::confused::confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

well the book says the answer is ( 100000 times ) bt i gues its the printing fault the size of the page was either too big or too small ------> Yeah i guess so.

yes ur answer is close enough

although there is a sorrection to ur answer---------------------> huh?

23000 = 2
x = 1 -------------------------------------------------------------> if you consider x to be the length of the scalebar you measured, then x is not 1!
if 23000 micrometers represent 2 micrometer ------|
then x micrometer represents 1 micrometre---------| This is wrong
that is (23000/2) = 11500 micrometer---------------|

if ur were doing the other way around then ur right! -------------------> Have you understood the way in which i did it? Else, i'll try to explain it all over again in a better way.
Headache? not at all! Just like helping others! :p
sorry if i gve u a headache!!

Reaction score
could anyone give a description of the Starlings experiment regarding the semi conservative DNA replication

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I need bio atp for o levels may/ june and oct/nov 2011 if anyone can tell me please, thanks!

Reaction score
can somebody tell me a detailed answer of the following question?
1. describe using examples, how sensory receptors in mammals generate action potentials?

Reaction score
Hey guys. . U all are awesome!
I need help on this
Pls. . Why has small pox been able to be eradicated by vaccination but not sickle-cell anaemia?.. Thanx :))

Reaction score
I need help on this
Pls. . Why has small pox been able to be eradicated by vaccination but not sickle-cell anaemia?.. Thanx :))

Reaction score
I need help on this
small pox is caused by bacteria hence we can create the vaccine for it, sickle cell anaemia is a genetic disease due to the wrong substitution of base. . .book

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!
need help with some p4 questions :(

J’02
Q:3d
N’02
Q:1 b
J’04
Q:1 c & d are they in the syllabus?
Q:5c X chromosome inactivated randomly early in development :S
Q:7b Explain the role of NADP...? :s

N’06
Q:6 a "Large diameters and long axons/dendrons were only seen in answers from better candidates."
This is related to the transmission of action potentials. Although I do know that large diameters , I.e. thick axons transmit action potentials faster than thin ones, but what about the length? :s