• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have old Biology AS past papers? By old, I mean 90's and maybe 80's if possible. Anyone? /:

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the factors ehich influence the rate of leaf decomposition ??
and during months with higher than average temp. decomposition happens more rapidly- why ?

A biological term for the biomass of a feeding level at a particular moment in time ??
& What type of biome is most productive?

Reaction score
What is the difference between qualitative, quantitative, semi-qualitative, and semi-quantitative analysis? :confused: or what are the separately? their definitions?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to know if anyone have any tips on doing biology practicals, specifically how to use the stage micrometer.
Any other advice would be nice too. :)
Thank you.
Beca

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to know if anyone have any tips on doing biology practicals, specifically how to use the stage micrometer.
Any other advice would be nice too. :)
Thank you.
Beca
watching through a eye piece graticule won't give any paralox error.
if you want to know dat how much does one eye piece graticule represents then simply divide the number of e.p.g divisions with micrometer divisions to find what 1 e.p.c division represents. then multiply it with the number of e.p.g divisions visible to find the field of view or the width of cell you want to know..

Reaction score
By microscope i mean, images of slides with labels highlighting tissues. and wet practical - tips

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w10_ms_41.pdf
q.9 asks for the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis.
crossing ovr and chaismata formation occurs at prophase 1, ryt????????/?

Early prophase 1...........and this chiasmata formation continues in metaphase I.......In anaphase 1 no chaismata mata formation............................ one good tip for you when bivalents are formed....chaismata formation occurs........so crossing over of genetic information occurs between non-sister chromatids.

omg

Reaction score
Early prophase 1...........and this chiasmata formation continues in metaphase I.......In anaphase 1 no chaismata mata formation............................ one good tip for you when bivalents are formed....chaismata formation occurs........so crossing over of genetic information occurs between non-sister chromatids.
so it means we'll describe abt crossing over in metaphase nt prophase1?????