• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

omg

Reaction score
Yes. But their function is to help align the chromosomes on the metaphase plate which is during Metaphase I and so you'd have to describe that in Metaphase I. This is what the mark-scheme means, I guess.
its always dat we'll describe abt crossing ovr in metaphase nt at prophase??

Reaction score
u shud say crossing over in prophase 1 because most ov markschemes say prophase 1 apart from one duffer examiner who said metaphase 1

Reactions: omg
Reaction score
well....pleaseeee some on emake a thread for A2 BIOOO..........PLEASEEEEE.....I MEAN A STICKY THREAD....ITS A REAL MESS HERE.......

omg

Reaction score
pls pls pls can i get a note on the hazards and benfits of gene technology with specific examples??????????

Reaction score
What is the difference between qualitative, quantitative, semi-qualitative, and semi-quantitative analysis? :confused: or what are the separately? their definitions?
Think about food tests etc. You can test whether each solution has sugars, fats etc, but sometimes you can't measure the amount of fat/sugar in the solution, or sometimes you can just measure whether 1 solution has more or less than another, etc.

Qualitative is when you can just say 'X' has fat in it and 'Y' has fat in it. You can't say whether X or Y has more fat.
Semi-qualitative i.e. Benedicts, when you either measure the time taken to reach a particular colour i.e. red, or the mass of the precipitate/intensity of the colour, is when you can say 'X has glucose, and Y has glucose, but X has more glucose than Y'
Quantitative is when you can say 'X' has 3.04 grams of sugar, y has 1.84 grams of sugar.

Semi-quantitative is harder to define, i think its when you get an approximate value.

Hope you learnt something.

Reaction score
Hey people, I got sum thing from ms that sounds contradicting to me.....

스크린샷 2012-04-26 오후 12.37.30.png point 8 where it says speed increased by 50 times / 0.5 to 100... and why is that 50 times?

Reaction score
hi all, please tell me that what happens to a chromosome between the end of anaphase and the start of the next mitosis.

Reaction score
hi, im an AS student..im having problem to do p3 paper for bio...could you help me to inform prospective topic which will be tested in the coming examination..pls..i really need help..pls..

Reaction score
Explain, using named examples, how mutation can affect phenotype. [7].this is from June 2006. can some one please give me a note on down's syndrome as it is required for this answer as stated in marking scheme...