• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me stuff which is to learn and we may have not learned yet like any enzyme names? I know bacteria names in nitrogen cycle...
apart from that any names to learn?

Reaction score
somebody help with nov 14 /23 Q2 C
MS mentions reference to sizes of individuals.. can somebody explain what reference needs to be made?

Reaction score
somebody help with nov 14 /23 Q2 C
MS mentions reference to sizes of individuals.. can somebody explain what reference needs to be made?
There is a loss of energy at each trophic level by respiration/egestion/excretion so less energy available to Herons. Heron is largest in size in the food chain and require large amount of energy to fulfill its requirements so less of them exist as overall less energy available.

Reaction score
Hey! Guys could you please help me out here? My final AS bio paper 2 is tomorrow! Pray that it goes well!

Anyway, so in this question, for K, the left ventricle is relaxing and so is the left atria, and the av valve is open and the aortic valve is closed, so the conditions are same as in the H stage, so why is the left atria relaxing in K? Shouldn't it contract?

Is there a mistake in the mark scheme?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 9.45.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 9.45.22 PM.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Hey! Guys could you please help me out here? My final AS bio paper 2 is tomorrow! Pray that it goes well!

Anyway, so in this question, for K, the left ventricle is relaxing and so is the left atria, and the av valve is open and the aortic valve is closed, so the conditions are same as in the H stage, so why is the left atria relaxing in K? Shouldn't it contract?

Is there a mistake in the mark scheme?
The atria is filling with blood, but it isn't itself contracting in K
when it contracts blood flows from atria to ventricles
In this case the atria are filling up

Reaction score
Fill in the blanks :
1. habitat
2. community
3. consumers
4. niche
5. ecosystem
am i right?

Reaction score
we can't discuss the paper today its part of the rules of XPC btw 2 is organisms
a group of different organisms is community? btw its ok if i got this one wrong i thought i was going to get all 5 wrong.... i'm just too poor in these type of questions.

Reaction score
Omg, I know we can't discuss the answers. But how did you guys find it?

I think mine could have been better, I made the stupidest mistakes, striking out the correct answer and then writing the wrong one! That cost me like three marks :'(

Reaction score
It was a good paper, but not up to the point. You see some questions were really tricky but some were just normal. What about you guys ?