• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
have u got any more like that
i knew 3 (i) 68% lies within mean-Sd and mean+Sd
(ii) 95% lies within mean-2Sd and mean+2Sd
(iii) 99% lies within mean-3Sd and mean+3Sd
I didn't use any formula, its just an assumption. Thats what we used to do in Olevel Statistics, so yeah.. Thanks for sharing these parameters though! :)

Reaction score
ahh yes i have to review all formulaes i dont know y stats makes me feel after i found out the answer that y didnt i write it it was sooo easy :/
Just dont worry! This isnt something I knew.. It was just an assumption. Except, I was sure of it cz a similar question came when I appeared for Olevel Statistics :)

Reaction score
Just dont worry! This isnt something I knew.. It was just an assumption. Except, I was sure of it cz a similar question came when I appeared for Olevel Statistics :)
yup you had an advantage :) i am just glad i sisnt take stats in O (y)

Reaction score
The probability of getting more than 1002mm, P(X>1002), is 225/900 = 1/4
Therefore, P(X < 1002) = 1 - 1/4 = 0.75

From the probability table, z = 0.674 (When probability is 0.75).

Standaridising,
(1002 - µ)/8 = 0.674

After doing the calculations, you'll get µ = 997.

Hope that helped :)
Thank you so much :)

Reaction score
first one is wrong its actually 2/3 and through calcularion simple accuracy marks may b lost

it's 0.68268 to be exact. so yeah 68.3% is more accurate..

-1<z<1 = 1 SD within the mean..

2Phi(1)-1

0.68268 Answer

Reaction score
Does anyone here have S2? I need help there! Please respond! Thanks.

Reaction score
Can u please give me the answer for these questions..Thank u

1.)Give an example for a statement of Fact and write down the data that could be extracted from it. What are the variables in your data? Point out a qualitative variable, a discrete variable in your data and state whether they assume continuous values or discrete values.

2.)Explain the following drawbacks in the application of stem and leaf diagram to a data set?
(a) Unsuitable for a single digit data set
(b) More meaningful if it is ordered
(c) Not useful if the stem assumes the same number
(d) Not suitable for large data sets

Reaction score

1.)Give an example for a statement of Fact and write down the data that could be extracted from it. What are the variables in your data? Point out a qualitative variable, a discrete variable in your data and state whether they assume continuous values or discrete values.

2.)Explain the following drawbacks in the application of stem and leaf diagram to a data set?

Reaction score