• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

a very depressed question about studies. :(

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum,
I'm depressed lately regarding my studies/ grades... I used to be a "very good " student before and now it's like all gone... I can't get good scores and I feel like my heart isn't in it anymore. :( Lots of people understand a new topic while I swing in the thought , thinking about it or just leave it ... what has happened?? :( I got no good results in O and A level... Now I'm trying to give Fsc accel and even in that I can't get hold of somethings :( What should I do?? :\
I really feel like a disappointment to people who are counting on me and to myself :cry: ... I seem to be going nowhere like this with my responsibilities :cry:
I want some serious advice pls. :(

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum,
I'm depressed lately regarding my studies/ grades... I used to be a "very good " student before and now it's like all gone... I can't get good scores and I feel like my heart isn't in it anymore. :( Lots of people understand a new topic while I swing in the thought , thinking about it or just leave it ... what has happened?? :( I got no good results in O and A level... Now I'm trying to give Fsc accel and even in that I can't get hold of somethings :( What should I do?? :\
I really feel like a disappointment to people who are counting on me and to myself :cry: ... I seem to be going nowhere like this with my responsibilities :cry:

WaAlaikum AsSAlam wr,
er, when I go rusty in studies.. usually its coz of 2 reasons... I think they wd apply to you too..
1. coz m not giving enough time to studies (rather, m wasting it online... ;) ) or that m not concenterating.
2. coz of bad teachers
(sometimes books/subjects are dry but a good teacher can compensate for that)

so analyze urself and try to fix where ever you find that you are weak.
(that's what I can think offf the top of my head ryt now...)

oh, n make loads of dua.... Ask Allah... for any problem it is the basic 1st step towards solution.

Reaction score
WaAlaikum AsSAlam wr,
er, when I go rusty in studies.. usually its coz of 2 reasons... I think they wd apply to you too..
1. coz m not giving enough time to studies (rather, m wasting it online... ;) ) or that m not concenterating.
2. coz of bad teachers
(sometimes books/subjects are dry but a good teacher can compensate for that)

so analyze urself and try to fix where ever you find that you are weak.
(that's what I can think offf the top of my head ryt now...)

oh, n make loads of dua.... Ask Allah... for any problem it is the basic 1st step towards solution.
that helps. thanksss!

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum,

Asalamoalikum wr wb :)

make dua
try plannings things.
giving more time to studies
dont forte yourself to study at first
do the things/topics you like first then the remaining ones.
as you cover the course try highlighting the mistakes so that its easy for you to revise during exam time.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
I'd suggest you reserve more of your free time for independent study at home in your free time (e.g. at time where you'd normally do a typical activity such as surf the net). I've found this to be a great way to catch up on school work if you'r falling behind. It can also be because of bad teachers as badrobot14 mentioned; applies to myself as well! Also, try not to study strictly from school textbooks but diversify; get other more recreational books regarding your subjects or search online for information. That's another method I use to keep myself interested. One final thing I'm going to add is that you could, if you really still can't convince yourself, try hiring a private tutor(s). Hope any of that helps as it sure did it for me :).

Reaction score
Make a plan, set short term goals.

Plan for the first week: your goals must be realistically achievable. Don't try to push too hard a start. Then, as the weeks go by, your sense of achievement will increase and your morale will be boosted. Know how to play with your psychology, generate determination and reward it modestly. Then, with the subsequent weeks you can, little by little, add bigger piles of work.

But make sure you follow your plan. Don't plan in your head, do it on paper. It's prudent to keep a free day, maybe Sunday, to catch up with everything in your plan you couldn't complete during the week.

Best wishes^

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Make a plan, set short term goals.

Plan for the first week: your goals must be realistically achievable. Don't try to push too hard a start. Then, as the weeks go by, your sense of achievement will increase and your morale will be boosted. Know how to play with your psychology, generate determination and reward it modestly. Then, with the subsequent weeks you can, little by little, add bigger piles of work.

But make sure you follow your plan. Don't plan in your head, do it on paper. It's prudent to keep a free day, maybe Sunday, to catch up with everything in your plan you couldn't complete during the week.

Best wishes^
awesome... (y) this is what I do too, whn I'm in a mood to ace a subject.... sad thing is I need good teachers or books to maintain my interest in a subject (if the subject isn't related to maths, that is).

Reaction score
awesome... (y) this is what I do too, whn I'm in a mood to ace a subject.... sad thing is I need good teachers or books to maintain my interest in a subject (if the subject isn't related to maths, that is).

Thank you. Well, books are a must. They are an essential guide. Not that we cannot be all Einsteins. But we've set time limits. Gotta respect them. (y)