• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
i knw its a silly question
answers should be in two or three significant figures??? bcoz some answers in ms are in two sf while some are in three.....!!

Reaction score
I talk about this in details with alot of websites in previous pages but you werent here I guess :(
When its on the axis of rotation i.e at poles , radius is zero so centriopetal force is zero, so the normal reaction is equal to weight.
** Extra information:-
When its at the equator, the centripetal force which is the resultant of the gravitational and normal force , is towards the centre.
Meaning gravitational force is greater than normal reaction force.

Reaction score
i knw its a silly question
answers should be in two or three significant figures??? bcoz some answers in ms are in two sf while some are in three.....!!
You use 3s.f if not stated in the question, but if values used in the question are 2 s.f then use 2 s.f in ur answer!

Reaction score
I talk about this in details with alot of websites in previous pages but you werent here I guess :(
When its on the axis of rotation i.e at poles , radius is zero so centriopetal force is zero, so the normal reaction is equal to weight.
When its at the equator, the centripetal force which is the resultant of the gravitational and normal force is towards the centre.
how radius is zero at centre???

Reaction score
When its at the equator, the centripetal force which is the resultant of the gravitational and normal force is towards the centre.
At the poles, radius is zero ???

Reaction score
Hey you guys ! Can anyone please summarize the hand rules used to determine the field direction , current direction and motion using the hand rules :/ I am confusedddd ! Please include the rules for current carrying conductor , electromagnetism for charge moving in a uniform feild .. Basically all the situations where we need to use the hand rules :D Thanks alottttttttt !

Reaction score
m/j 2010 ppr42 Q no.4c...? plz answer with explaination...:)
first find the total potential at midpoint due to both charges (A n B) i.e at 6micrometre.
then find potential due to both charges at P
so change in potential= potential at P -potential at midpoint
and work done= change in potential x charge of electron...

Reaction score
m/j 2010 ppr42 Q no.4c...? plz answer with explaination...:)
well always remember that when ever we are asked to calculate wrk done

we need to calculate it with this formula ..... w = ∆Vq
(∆v is the change in pottential which the charge faces in traveling frm point to another point )
whereas the q represnts the charge (1.60*10^-19) :)

so frst calculate the pottential "V" at the mid point of line AB where the charge is currentlY situated.

the formula fr calculating V is V = KQ/r remember the charge at mid point is experiencing to pottentials 1 frm rite hand side charge 2nd frm left hand size charge.

we know that the charge is of same coloumbs and is 6.0μm away frm each point A and B

so we need to twice the pottential i.e V = (KQ/r) ×2 :) frst part completed

Now the pottential where the charge is to be taken (at point P )

point p is experiencing pottentail frm point A calculate it by V1 = KQ/r

point P is also experiencing pottential frm Point B calculate it by V2 = KQ/r

remember r represents the distance from A to P (3.0μm)

r represents the distance frm B to P (9.0μm) \

now aftr calculating these voltages add them to get V at point P 2nd part completed

now that we have to subtract these two potentials at point p and potential at midpoint to obtain ∆V
do that and the ans ∆V wil be malltiplied by "q" to get wrk done (y)

HOPE U gt what I said????