• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
Ill reply for each one seperately cause my laptop is being uber-slow right now.

For s03 --q2 a) when water is evaporating at a constant temperature, there is no change in k.e but the molecules must overcome the intermolecular forces.. they move away from each other and so their potential energy increases. Internal energy is p.e + k.e, so internal energy is increasing if p.e is increasing.

Stretching a wire is the same story. When you stretch the wire, you make the atoms and electrons rearrange and move away from each other so the p.e increases.

Thank you so much :) ... Can you please answer my final question?

http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International A And AS Level/9702 - Physics/9702_s11_qp_41.pdf
- Number 6 (b)(ii)

Reaction score
dint get you there :p

Oh well any advice how to study applications as quick as possible :p others are managable but i m still having confusion with telecommunication :( its so scaryyy man
ikr ..

and btw for revising pastpapers, go through the notes XPFMember uploaded...i guess they contain imp info from pastpaper questions..i gotta do that too...

Reaction score
my preparation is very bad and i m having a high fever. please everyone pray for me so that i can score an A in Phys and Maths . please pray for me my brothers. INSHA-ALLAH i will score A in both these subjects.

Reaction score
my preparation is very bad and i m having a high fever. please everyone pray for me so that i can score an A in Phys and Maths . please pray for me my brothers. INSHA-ALLAH i will score A in both these subjects.
assalamoalaikum wr wb!
sure.May Allah give u the best of health n faith..and may Allah grant u success in both worlds...may u get A starss...aameen!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_42.pdf

question 9 part 2!
i know the logic tht V1 should be equal to V2 but in order to determine V2 we'll have to calculate it through potentiometer way.. i:e R (strain guage)/R (total) * 4.5 but in mark scheme they have done opposite. they did it by R (resistor) / R(total) * 4.5.. please check and clarify,sum1!! :)

V+ = V- ( or V1 = V2)
We can find out V2 by this equation....
1000/(1000+125) * Vin
===>Vin is 4.5V
so 1000/1125 * 4.5 = 4V

Reaction score
ikr ..

and btw for revising pastpapers, go through the notes XPFMember uploaded...i guess they contain imp info from pastpaper questions..i gotta do that too...

OMG! thanks for reminding i am still stuck in solving past papers its like mmm revising 2 topics and doing the topical pastpapers some are from 2005-2011 and some are from 2002-2011 sigh* when will i complete everythin and maths :'(

Reaction score
OMG! thanks for reminding i am still stuck in solving past papers its like mmm revising 2 topics and doing the topical pastpapers some are from 2005-2011 and some are from 2002-2011 sigh* when will i complete everythin and maths :'(
I'm doing the same thing! Well I still have till tomorrow morning, so not going to panic. :p
Relax, do your best, and then leave the rest to God.

Reaction score

the thrd wave lengh which we have calculated above in the same question is 1700 i guess. so its to high and does not lie in the spectrum frm 400 to 700nm so it wil not be absorded only the wavelenghs 654 and 488 wil be absorbed. so only two dark fringes wil be seen in the emergent waves. the spectrum will be a scatterd one due to the emergence of phototns frm the gas, as the electrons wil de-excite frm their excited state

i gues this is the ans, i have not seen the m.s yet

Reaction score
Thank you so much :) ... Can you please answer my final question?

http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International A And AS Level/9702 - Physics/9702_s11_qp_41.pdf
- Number 6 (b)(ii)
sorry I got distracted, lets see... I haven't really studied this stuff but from what I can see it's because the current in the primary coil is not going to be in phase with the current in the secondary coil right? In Faraday's law.. rate of change of magnetic flux linkage is proportianal to the EMF and the magnetic flux becomes linkage when you multiply it with the number of turns..

the number of turns in the primary and secondary are different.. so rate of change of magnetic flux is different.. which means the Emf of the supply and the induced Emf are different.. okay.. I lost my train of thought when I read the mark scheme.. it doesn't make sense to me.. eck sorry If I confuse you further
Edit: Okay here's my simplest verison, Supply e.m.f and induced e.mf is different. E.m.f is directly proportional to rate of change of magnetic flux.. if you put it on a graph, their different rates would put them in different phases.

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing! Well I still have till tomorrow morning, so not going to panic. :p
Relax, do your best, and then leave the rest to God.
I haven't started the last four sections of the syllabus or the pastpapers... so it's okay + I have 2 other exams..

Reaction score
I haven't started the last four sections of the syllabus or the pastpapers... so it's okay + I have 2 other exams..
But you're pretty good at it so I'm guessing you don't need much work either. :p
I've got another paper too :S
But anyway, best of luck for all three of yours :)

Reaction score
But you're pretty good at it so I'm guessing you don't need much work either. :p
I've got another paper too :S
But anyway, best of luck for all three of yours :)
lol what makes you say Im good at it?
but thankyou.. makes me feel a lil better.. and inshallah yours will go super well too =]
Im just scared that they'll come up with some scarey paper and I won't be able to remember anything.. considering I learnt it all in the past 20 hours or so.. sigh

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what is line spectrum, emission spectrum and absorption spectrum? the difference?

In n11_41 Q 7)a) and Q7)c), please explain how to answer?

thanks in advance