• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
plot the graph and draw best fit line... then draw worse fit line... take the difference between the best fit line's gradient and worse fit line's gradient... Is that What YOu were trying...??? so something different..???
but after finding the difference ain't we supposed to divide it by 2 to get the absolute uncertainty ??????????????

Reaction score
Hi guys, I self-study Physics mostly at home so I have some questions.

For the first question:
I wonder how many marks are awarded for the designed experiment diagram in the first question ?
and how we plot a graph if we don't have any data?

For the second question:

I sometimes got gradients that different from the mark scheme, not too much. For instance, the mark scheme says the y intercept range between 5.400-5.500 , but I got like 5.5334 or something like that. is my answer marked as a wrong one?
The same thing happened to my line of best fit, just some time it is out of the range for a very little.

Help :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I self-study Physics mostly at home so I have some questions.

For the first question:
I wonder how many marks are awarded for the designed experiment diagram in the first question ?
and how we plot a graph if we don't have any data?

For the second question:

I sometimes got gradients that different from the mark scheme, not too much. For instance, the mark scheme says the y intercept range between 5.400-5.500 , but I got like 5.5334 or something like that. is my answer marked as a wrong one?
The same thing happened to my line of best fit, just some time it is out of the range for a very little.

Help :)
Hello, I study physics at home too!
Question one
Diagram holds marks depending on the question. Sometimes it ranges from 1-3 marks depending on how many details are required.
You dont plot a graph, you just say what to plot on the x- and y- axis and how the graph should look like.

Question 2:-
This is due to inaccuracies in your drawing. Maybe you need to practice on your line of best fit.
Maybe you are rounding the numbers and not taking accurate s.f.

Reaction score
is it necessary for question1 in p5 to draw a diagram everytime ? :S or we can give our best explanation either

Reaction score
can someone plz help wid da diagram.....summer 2010 p52....Q.1.....a picture plz...how do v draw it???

Reaction score
can any1 gimme a website where there are demonstrations of several physix practicals plz ?? like that if i m lucky the same practical i know how to perform may come in the xam and i may score full marx in Q1 . that would be the most helpful thing for a physix paper 5 candidate who r givin the xam in 2 days time. tnx for the help. i appreciate it.

Reaction score
In october november 2010 paper 53 question 1. the markscheme says "Likely meter range of ammeter/voltmeter/ohmmeter" in the additional detail section. Can anyone please tell me the likely range of an ammeter /voltmeter !