• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Actuarial Sciences!

Reaction score
but i think that 4th one can be any thing ...
wat if some one gives thinking skills as the third elective, would he be preffered over me??/ I dont think so!!!!

Reaction score
I am really confused, should i drop further and take any other subject?

Oh boy. I didn't tell you to drop FM. But if you can, after the exams for whichever subjects you now chose, take another subject for the next session, then do it and send your predicted grades. :)

Reaction score
its kindda very difficult for me!:confused:
my final decision i am not going to drop further after all maths is ma passion nor going to take any other subject, most universities want 4As in Alevels including further if you are going for a maths related course! n actuary is basically maths!!!!!!!
But still thanks for your time and advice, I really admire that on behalf of u!!!

Reaction score
One more thing. For Actuarial Science, you will NEED Further Maths. So, it really doesn't add anything new to your rainbow of knowledge, something which might give you an advantage when applying for scholarships.

Ive a friend who is studying acturial sciences in London School of Economics.

He studied further maths in A1 only (had very bad grades in it). He dropped it, then had phy,chem, maths and 1 more subject which I cant recall

Reaction score

He studied further maths in A1 only (had very bad grades in it). He dropped it, then had phy,chem, maths and 1 more subject which I cant recall

I've many friends there too studying Actuarial Science. So, your friend had 4 different traditional courses for his A levels.

Well, I never said it's not possible to get in without Further Maths. I said Actuarial Science is a lot of Maths (my friend last year had his first class having to eat a bumper Maths burger, if you get it). If you don't have FM, you start way behind the others, because most of the applicants at LSE do study FM.

Besides, Pakiboy wants a scholarship. Having FM is going to increase his chances for sure-- provided he does it well. He might as well know this now, than later, when he can't possibly do anything about it.

Reaction score

but now further is only available as an Alevel subject!!!!! so there is no way out for me i have to get good grade in further!!!
and one more thing did he get scholarship there??

Reaction score
but now further is only available as an Alevel subject!!!!! so there is no way out for me i have to get good grade in further!!!
and one more thing did he get scholarship there??

My friend did. Full scholarship (including living expenses).

He topped in Maths A level here. He had Further Maths. And Chemistry, Physics and French A level.
He took Maths, Physics and Chemistry for Nov. And after that, took FM and French in June.

That is what am trying to tell you since so long.

Reaction score
I've many friends there too studying Actuarial Science. So, your friend had 4 different traditional courses for his A levels.

Well, I never said it's not possible to get in without Further Maths. I said Actuarial Science is a lot of Maths (my friend last year had his first class having to eat a bumper Maths burger, if you get it). If you don't have FM, you start way behind the others, because most of the applicants at LSE do study FM.

Besides, Pakiboy wants a scholarship. Having FM is going to increase his chances for sure-- provided he does it well. He might as well know this now, than later, when he can't possibly do anything about it.
U rock INSHALLAH i will do well in not only further but all the subjects ofcourse not sure of GP :D although i had a very bad paper today of accl maths in scl, it was just freakinly hard!!!

Reaction score
My friend did. Full scholarship (including living expenses).

He topped in Maths A level here. He had Further Maths. And Chemistry, Physics and French A level.
He took Maths, Physics and Chemistry for Nov. And after that, took FM and French in June.

That is what am trying to tell you since so long.
You have to accept it, he was an epic student!
But look he also gave 3 traditional subjects that is maths, phy, chem! french is just an extra flavour ( which is no where compulsory!)
i am hoping for the best with my subjects, by the way what were his grades?

Reaction score
U rock INSHALLAH i will do well in not only further but all the subjects ofcourse not sure of GP :D although i had a very bad paper today of accl maths in scl, it was just freakinly hard!!!

Nothing is guaranteed in life. Keep on trying. Who knows, you might get it. :)

You have to accept it, he was an epic student!
But look he also gave 3 traditional subjects that is maths, phy, chem! french is just an extra flavour ( which is no where compulsory!)
i am hoping for the best with my subjects, by the way what were his grades?

In London, they talk English. Do you think he took French because he had nothing else to do with his life?

A*A*A*
FM and French, I didn't ask. :/

Reaction score
do ask him/her about his further maths grade plz!!
and wat was his gp grade :D LOlx

Reaction score
do ask him/her about his further maths grade plz!!
and wat was his gp grade :D LOlx

He's at uni. Rarely anyone can talk to him while he's there. But I reckon it must be an A.

GP didn't count in the admissions criteria. It was a B or a C, I don't remember well, but not an A.

Reaction score
He's at uni. Rarely anyone can talk to him while he's there. But I reckon it must be an A.

GP didn't count in the admissions criteria. It was a B or a C, I don't remember well, but not an A.
his case is pretty much similar to me a B/C in Gp and 3A* ( i hope i can also get an A* in further too) He can be a role model for me XD!!!
Thanks for the hope, that one can get scholarship even he gets a B/C in GP!!!!!!

Reaction score
his case is pretty much similar to me a B/C in Gp and 3A* ( i hope i can also get an A* in further too) He can be a role model for me XD!!!
Thanks for the hope, that one can get scholarship even he gets a B/C in GP!!!!!!

GP AS Level.