• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Actuarial Sciences!

Reaction score
thats more like it! :)
You want scholarships? apply early to HKU and NUS

You have a much much better chance there

Western universities DONT give much aid these days. Australia has sky high fees (if u convert them into rupees). I was advised by a senior to NOT to apply to top 3 universities in Australia.

i was told to apply for admission as well as aid from 4th, 5th ranked univ where international candidates have much higher chance of getting a scholarship/aid

Reaction score
NUS is the National University of Singapore? And what is HKU?

I've to try at NUS too. Almost forgot with everything going on at the same time.

Reaction score
Apply early. I mean early admission. You can get 60-70% aid. For normal admission I haven't heard anything more than 35%. For 2013 session I think early admission dates have passed. Check to confirm

Reaction score
Apply early. I mean early admission. You can get 60-70% aid. For normal admission I haven't heard anything more than 35%. For 2013 session I think early admission dates have passed. Check to confirm

What's the difference between early and normal?

Reaction score
Early is if you get the admission, you have to pay part of 1st year fee within the next 3 weeks etc. this can vary a bit. It's like university tries to secure you to them

How many A's you have in olevels?

Since you paid them some money, you would NOT go to another university as then you would lose your money

Reaction score
Well that is good for scholarship on early admission there. I guess maybe 60%

For normal admission maybe 35%

Are you applying for 2013 or 2014?

Reaction score
Because I don't think you can apply for early admission for 2013. You are late. It's in October deadline. Confirm it by website of hku

Reaction score
2013. Early admission isn't for me. I am simply trying to get there. If I get accepted by LSE, I leave all applications and go there-- if* I get accepted. Pure Econs is really really really tough to get in. :(

Reaction score
You may get accepted but NOT in the desirable course of yours.

A friend of mine rejected LSE because he didn't get a good enough course for the huge costs he was to spend

Your olevel grades, teacher recommendations and Alevel internal school grades all matter. I'm not sure whether they ask for an essay.

Reaction score
You may get accepted but NOT in the desirable course of yours.

A friend of mine rejected LSE because he didn't get a good enough course for the huge costs he was to spend

Your olevel grades, teacher recommendations and Alevel internal school grades all matter. I'm not sure whether they ask for an essay.

I'm sorry... I didn't get you there... Because he didn't get a good enough course? There is only one course, no? You don't get to choose?

Reaction score
I don't know about it precisely. He told me he didn't get his desired course. That's what he told me

. Maybe they offered him a place at another course. So they didn't totally reject his application but neither did they fully accept it. Actually universities can do that to you!

Reaction score
I don't know about it precisely. He told me he didn't get his desired course. That's what he told me

. Maybe they offered him a place at another course. So they didn't totally reject his application but neither did they fully accept it. Actually universities can do that to you!

This happens with LSE? I knew it can be an outright rejection, but not a transfer to another course...