• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Actuarial Sciences!

Reaction score
HKU is the co-best in Asia along with NUS

London School of Economics is also very good but its very focused on economics and related things

Era

Reaction score
my brother is studying actuarial sciences from a uni in sydney and he got 100% scholarship! and its very easy to get scholarship in australia!

Reaction score
my brother is studying actuarial sciences from a uni in sydney and he got 100% scholarship! and its very easy to get scholarship in australia!
any thing is never easy!!!!! by the way wat were his grades in Olevels and A levels?

Reaction score
true that ^^ :D
i dont remember his olevels grade but he scored 3A* and 2A in A levels! :D
So his 3 best were all * I need to get that 2!!!
did he take further maths, if yes what grade he got?

Reactions: Era
Reaction score
pakiboy: The best place for Actuarial Sciences is pretty much England right now. And LSE is the best possible university for this degree. But anyone's chances of securing a scholarship in England are very bleak. They can give you a relaxation on the grades they require in A'levels but they seldom give aid. For LSE, the most I have heard is of 25% scholarship and that concession too is only of the tuition fee. If you really want a scholarship then apply to less known universities. As for NUS and HKU, I haven't heard of anyone doing Actuarial sciences from there. But Australia might be a good prospect.
Btw, your subject selection is fine. FM is definitely a double credit subject. And yes, a bit of diversity in your subjects is good but Economics and Physics provide just that for you. Make sure you secure the best possible AS level grades and a good FM predicted grade.

Reaction score
pakiboy: The best place for Actuarial Sciences is pretty much England right now. And LSE is the best possible university for this degree. But anyone's chances of securing a scholarship in England are very bleak. They can give you a relaxation on the grades they require in A'levels but they seldom give aid. For LSE, the most I have heard is of 25% scholarship and that concession too is only of the tuition fee. If you really want a scholarship then apply to less known universities. As for NUS and HKU, I haven't heard of anyone doing Actuarial sciences from there. But Australia might be a good prospect.
Btw, your subject selection is fine. FM is definitely a double credit subject. And yes, a bit of diversity in your subjects is good but Economics and Physics provide just that for you. Make sure you secure the best possible AS level grades and a good FM predicted grade.
ya i have heard that aussies are quite generous in giving aid to international student therefore looking forward to get in Melbourne who is actually giving scholarships upto 100%!!!

Reaction score

Yes. He's totally right. The best place in the UK, if not in the world, for doing Actuarial Sciences is LSE. Their program is intense, demanding and fruitful. You don't really get to choose your modules.
But it surely is highly regarded.

FM is not in the requirements. But keep in mind that you are competing with the world's bests students, who, they, will have a basket full of A levels.

FM IS necessary to get in. Because of the competition, it is.

Reaction score
Yes. He's totally right. The best place in the UK, if not in the world, for doing Actuarial Sciences is LSE. Their program is intense, demanding and fruitful. You don't really get to choose your modules.
But it surely is highly regarded.

FM is not in the requirements. But keep in mind that you are competing with the world's bests students, who, they, will have a basket full of A levels.

FM IS necessary to get in. Because of the competition, it is.
Thanks nice to see u in again Alpha!!!!!

Reaction score
hey guys what about uni of Waterloo i have heard its pretty good for actuarial sciences

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the advice guys, though I was not able to get scholarship bcz I never applied for that but I did get accepted into lse wwhich was itself like a dream come true. Financial constraints didnot allow me to go study there, therefore I am currently doing bsc economics from lums which is a little dissapointing for me because my hopes were really high.
I hope you all are studying in your desired universities and doing actuarial science, good luck :)

Reactions: omg