• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are my grades good? should I go for Fsc or Alevels?

Reaction score
Today I got my cie's result my grades are 5Bs and 3 Cs
I got C in english,maths and physics.
are these grades good
should I retake?
should I go for Fsc or Alevels?
Please help!!! Any

Reaction score
Today I got my cie's result my grades are 5Bs and 3 Cs
I got C in english,maths and physics.
are these grades good
should I retake?
should I go for Fsc or Alevels?
Please help!!! Any
Tamoor a little more information would be really appreciated about the field you want to go in after A level/FSC.
Also from Pakistan or abroad?

Reaction score
I want to go to engineering and I am from Pakistan
Okay so let me break it down for you.
5B and 3C is a good result but if you can retake then please do, it'll just improve your equivalence percentage in future.
Since you want to go for engineering, you should go through my thread once:
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...g-cs-university-admissions-in-pakistan.43835/
and see which universities you have in your mind.
If you plan to go to LUMS then these grades aren't good enough. Other than LUMS or maybe PIEAS you can get into most of the universities because they have like a 10% weightage for your O level result. NUST, FAST, ITU, UMT etc mostly have a higher weightage for their entry tests. Keeping this in mind, your O level is fair but if you can then do improve it, it'll be beneficial in long run.

About FSC/A Level, again it depends on you. If you are comfortable on a drastic change from OL to FSC then it's okay and FSC also pays off in long term because most of the entry tests are completely FSC based so you don't have to spend much time preparing for it. Whereas A level students get like barely a week or so to cram the FSC books.
If you plan to go for MS abroad and generally want to stick to CIE then A level is better option but only if you're confident enough thta you can do good in AL which is hard.
You can again check out my response to FSC vs A level
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/alevels-or-f-sc-help-needed.43622/#post-968258

In conclusion, it's all on you.

Reaction score
Okay so let me break it down for you.
5B and 3C is a good result but if you can retake then please do, it'll just improve your equivalence percentage in future.
Since you want to go for engineering, you should go through my thread once:
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...g-cs-university-admissions-in-pakistan.43835/
and see which universities you have in your mind.
If you plan to go to LUMS then these grades aren't good enough. Other than LUMS or maybe PIEAS you can get into most of the universities because they have like a 10% weightage for your O level result. NUST, FAST, ITU, UMT etc mostly have a higher weightage for their entry tests. Keeping this in mind, your O level is fair but if you can then do improve it, it'll be beneficial in long run.

About FSC/A Level, again it depends on you. If you are comfortable on a drastic change from OL to FSC then it's okay and FSC also pays off in long term because most of the entry tests are completely FSC based so you don't have to spend much time preparing for it. Whereas A level students get like barely a week or so to cram the FSC books.
If you plan to go for MS abroad and generally want to stick to CIE then A level is better option but only if you're confident enough thta you can do good in AL which is hard.
You can again check out my response to FSC vs A level
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/alevels-or-f-sc-help-needed.43622/#post-968258

In conclusion, it's all on you.
hi can you calculate by equivalence? I am kinda bad at this please

Reaction score
hi can you calculate by equivalence? I am kinda bad at this please
ur equivalence should be
990 - (15 x 5) - (25 x 3)
it should be 840
divide this by 1100 n multiply by 100
its 76.4
but if u work hard in a levels n get a better result things can change since in govt universities 10% weightage is taken for o levels/matric
this isnt abt how u did in o levels
its abt whether u will be able to do better in a levels or fsc?
n i think u will do equally good if u work hard
besides
in a levels marks are awarded fairly so a levels maybe a better option
its all up to u