• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Chemistry P2 Prep.

Reaction score
the sulphur makes one bond with each oxygen hence two bonds, and then sulphur has six electrons in the outer shell so the remaining is 2 lone pairs

Reaction score
I don't have a book. I study from my teacher's notes. He told us to study from o-levels electrloysis. But i dont have the notes :cry:

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Okay so I have a question: Does CH3F show hydrogen bonding? Because in a paper, the slightly higher boilin point of CH3F was said to be caused by it's permanent dipole. Why doesn't hydrogen bonding apply here?

Reaction score
Because for hydrogen bonding hydrogen should be bonded to an electronegative element like N,O or F!

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Okay so I have a question: Does CH3F show hydrogen bonding? Because in a paper, the slightly higher boilin point of CH3F was said to be caused by it's permanent dipole. Why doesn't hydrogen bonding apply here?
ist permanent diple, the electronegativity difference caused by fluorine, it doesnt have h bonding

Reaction score
ok S IS IN GRP VII...so it has 6 outer most e- ...if 2 of them r shared with O ..as each O needs 2 e- to complete its octate..so 2 e- r left...which is 1 line pair...isnt it/
yes its 1 lone pair stop getting confused

Reaction score
Draw the structure of CH3F, and you will realize the the flourine atom isn't bonded to a hydrogen.

Reaction score
ok S IS IN GRP VII...so it has 6 outer most e- ...if 2 of them r shared with O ..as each O needs 2 e- to complete its octate..so 2 e- r left...which is 1 line pair...isnt it/
yeah, im so sorry, i was wrong, i had it in my notes all this time, i learnt that, just called my teacher got it corrected