• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
This question is tricky in that at first sight the amplitude, which is equal to the maximum displacement, may appear to be reached after 2.5 seconds, but in reality,
on a displacement time graph, at the maximum displacement you can see that the gradient of the graph is zero, i.e. the velocity is zero so the answer for the right hand side is in reality 5 and 15 - these numbers correspond to 2 different times when the displacement is maximum, i.e. when the amplitude is zero. On the right hand column, we need to select the acceleration at point Q. The acceleration at Q is equal to the gradient of the velocity time graph which is flat, parallel to the x-axis and is thus equal to zero. This means that the answer is D.

Good luck for your exams!
Sorry did not understand it.Can someone plz explain it better?

Reaction score
q27.png

the answers B. But how? any description will be appreciated.thank you.

and can anyone tell the effects of changing any one one value will have on other values in d.sin(teta)=n.lamda

Reaction score
Reaction score
Questions: 10, 11 , 21, 24, 26, 27, 31, 33 ,36

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!!! AND EXPLAIN AS WELL, I CAN GET THE ANSWERS FROM A MARK SCHEME I NEED EXPLANATIONS!! THANK YOU GOD BLESS

Attachments

• Summer Physics 2011 (P13) QP.pdf
    611 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score

Q3=>compare units. A is the answer as _/g(lamda) = _/ms-2 * m = _/m2s-2 = ms-1 . (unit for speed)

Q7=> we know that V=u+at ; with v being final velocity u being initial velocity and at when an object is under a constant acceleration for t seconds. ANS:C

Q8=> V2=u2 + 2 as where u=0 a=9.81 s=40 take out v at 40 and 30.subtract them both.you will get v=3.75.the from v=u+at find t for u=0. ANS: 0.38

Q12: velocity after collision = 2*4+1*4/6 = 2ms-1 we know K.E=0.5 m v2 = 0.5*6*(2)^2 =12J

Q13=> moment= F * perpendicular distance bw the two the two forces. 8*sin(60)*0.60

36=> voltage lost as a result of internal resistance = 2 ohms * 0.5 Amp = 1 volt hence terminat pd =3-1=2 V and output power= 2 Volts * 0.5 Amp = 1 W