• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics P1 MCQs Preparation Thread.

Reaction score
Hi,
question 8, first you got to find the velocity till 30 meters. then use that initial velocity to find acceleration for last 10 meters.

34) the resistivity increases and voltage increases as well (directly proportional) so gradient has to go more steep as we move along..

2nd ppr: 27th its zero cause force is centripetal, towards the center and the distance moved is not in the direction of force.

33) each resistor originally will share equal power as they have equal resistance (forget the circuit combination for a while)

now remember again: the two resistors Q and R are connected in parallel. so 1/4 + 1/4 = 1/P, this will give us 2W

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply... the working i showed first is wrong, I'm sorry if i made you waste your time (found out looking at http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_er.pdf pages 5 and 6)
This is the correct working added a bit more detail, and also d=1/N you can look at this link http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/diffraction/revise-it/diffraction-from-a-diffraction-grating. sorry again :(

it's ok thanks though :D

omg

Reaction score
hv a look at it guys

Attachments

• DSC07842zxdcc.jpg
    DSC07842zxdcc.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
sorry? im stuck on this one, cud u please write the solution?
oh sorry i mixed it up with some other mcq, didn't read all..

s= ut + 1/2 at ^2 , total distance = 80 m , u will be zero, time is 18 seconds,

80= 1/2 into a into 324 , 80/162 = .49 ms^-2

Reaction score
hahaha i wasn't showing off! i just needed some opinions u know :p
cuz i sucked in physix my p2 went bad!!!!!
mission successful, u took it serious, i know i m just having fun. :)
bdw i didn't sucked that bad in p2. i don't like to ponder over past. shuuu 4get dat ppr. mcqs on my mind now. :)

Reaction score
hv a look at it guys

I believe the answer is C because as the kinetic energy increases, the change in speed required to do this increase actually decreases. This is due to kinetic energy being proportional to the square of the velocity. Let me explain...

Increase in K.E. ----> Increase in speed
1-->10 1-->3.16 (change 2.16)
10-->20 3.16-->4.47 (change 1.31)
20-->30 4.47-->5.48 (change 1.01)

In this example, even though there is a constant increase in K.E., the change in velocity decreases as the K.E. increases.

Hope that helped. : )

omg

Reaction score
I believe the answer is C because as the kinetic energy increases, the change in speed required to do this increase actually decreases. This is due to kinetic energy being proportional to the square of the velocity. Let me explain...

Increase in K.E. ----> Increase in speed
1-->10 1-->3.16 (change 2.16)
10-->20 3.16-->4.47 (change 1.31)
20-->30 4.47-->5.48 (change 1.01)

In this example, even though there is a constant increase in K.E., the change in velocity decreases as the K.E. increases.

Hope that helped. : )
it sure did :D
THANKS a lot!
=D