• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP; DiscussiOn

Reaction score
af1992 said:
in tat inheritance ques...for tat cnclusion part i wrote k there r more ppl wid free ear lobes thn attachd...n mentions abt discntinuous variation thng
the ratio was cuming out 2 b 3:1
n thn in the next part in wich v had 2 tll sthg abt tis ratio(dun remembr the ques xctly)...i wrote k it tells us abt the genotyp ov most ov the population n furthr cnfrms k inheritnce ov tis charactr ix only dpndent upon genes n nt environmnt

are tese ryt 2 sum xtent????hw much cn i score in tese parts????
3:1 tells that free is dominant and attached is recessive and this is achieved when heterozygous breed

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
ppl o wrote in the last ques that the pH would remain almost constant or change negligibly bcoz the yoghart formation is complete...and the action of bacteria has slowed down...almost stopped...no more lactose is present thus ph would'nt fall...and i guess this is the correct answer...
pH decreases then becomes constant as all the lactose was converted to lactic acid and it became more sour

Reaction score
it was a line graph bcz the change was not uniform like at 1 hr 7 then at 6.6 then 6.4 then 5.6 sthng like that

Reaction score
it was a line graph bcz the change was not uniform like at 1 hr 7 then at 6.6 then 6.4 then 5.6 sthng like that
hamidali391 said:
Last Q was tricky... measuring thickness of milk was smething new. but the best Q was checking our ear lobes. This Q really enlightened my mood.
last one was bad
i mesured thickness using finger

Reaction score
hassam said:
conclusion was easy.a simplistic statetement such as most of the people hav free ear lobes will giv 1 mark.refer to it by using the data-2nd mark
u will not ryt abt any genetic factor as it is asked in the next questions.discontinuous varaiation shown by the data another conclusion
what abou writing women more htan men in both and proving through statisitcal data
and writing discontinuous variation and more free than attached
for last i wrote sour and due to slip of pen wrote liquid instead of solid but explanation was perfect will i get all 3 or will they deduct all three

Reaction score
the graph was sort of a curve...it had no specific shape...and best fit wasnt required...the flower was insect pollinated...

Reaction score
fh1992 said:
the graph was sort of a curve...it had no specific shape...and best fit wasnt required...the flower was insect pollinated...
In biology you can draw graph with any method. You can draw a curve, join the points through straight lines and even you can draw a line of best fit!

Reaction score
fh1992 said:

yea the flower was insect polinated.. it was easy..

Reaction score
jafar said:
we will pour it from one container to other nd measure the time it takes! OR u can use a stirrer and stir it when it becomes thick it will take more effort to stir it!
i used the first way.
what was the last questions' last part's answer????i wrote that there would be no change b/c the yougurt was already solid, set and not liquid as the table said... ??
i labelled placenta and pericarp, are they correct????
i drew 3 diagrams to describe to show changes until fertilization but the stigma was not the shape as in the diagram..! how many marks would i get??..any idea..?
I'm hell confused :? :? :(

Reaction score
v had to draw carpel further v had to label......a guy beside me drew the whole flower and labeled it.....it was an insect pollinated flower becoz stigma was small and anther were not protruding......the precautions for accurate result were to use clean apparatus, use of stirrer,insulated handle,repetition pf the exp. and takin ave.,the thermometer should b in 1/3 of the water and water should b about 20cm3.....
this question was frm i guess 2006 paper......and ans r frm cie

Reaction score
insulated tube was written in redspot. is it ryyyyt.it is done to ensure that all the energy released by food is absorbed by da water nd not released into surroundings

Reaction score
i havnt read tht in redspot but i hav read frm cie ans tht an insultation around these appaaratus should b used in order to avoid heat loss.

Reaction score
if anybody can't understand this fact that it was INSECT-POLLINATED then he shud open PAGE NO.68 fig.8.5.the diagram was a copy paste from there except that color for petals is given since it is coloured book.hope it will remove all the misconceptions

Reaction score
people they asked for safety precautions... not something that'll increase the accuracy... one safety was that the mounting needle should hav an insulated handle so that hand doesnt burn... u may wear gloves... and such and baki u had to describe the exp.... and the fruit coulde have following labels : funicle, pedicle, sepals, pericarp, mesocarp and epicarp.... may be there r more... for thickness the milk could be passed through a funnel and time is noted... the last Q was something more practical thought... wen u leave milk in open for sometime it goes sour... so the ans was that the yogurt will solidify and go sour due to the further decrease in PH .... u cant say that all lactose was used... there was no evidence for it...

Reaction score
Guyx there are many answers in BIOLOGY ATP So dun get confused if your answer's are not matching with others.!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: