• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP Paper 62/ Uncurled length.

Reaction score
I find paper 2 much easier since if we don't know an answer we can always use the common sense we have been granted but paper 1 is like, you have 4 choices and only one of them is right. andddd at times it feels as if 2 answers are right, and that is the main cause of all mischief! choosing one out of two.
oh yes lol. I forgot about paper 1 having two almost similar right answers. Common sense FTW !

Reaction score
Short plumule, long plumule. Thin radicle, thick radicle and the last one was small cotyledon, big cotyledon.

Cotyledon in the soil. Epigeal germination. Cotyledon out of the soil. Hypogeal. I wrote this and the small and large point.

Reaction score
then y did they use the word UNCURLED??

Basically the maximum length of bean seedling and pea seedling were asked. Another way to put it was to use the word "UNCURLED". Therefore vertical lines were to be drawn from the top to the bottom indicating their respective lengths :)

Reaction score
PHYSICS ATP QUERIES:
1.what was the appropriate instrument/method of measuring the distance in that kinematics(graph) question?
2.were we suppose to include a a rheostat in the circuit of first part of that solar cell question. (it originally said how to get the voltage across it)

Reaction score
PHYSICS ATP QUERIES:
1.what was the appropriate instrument/method of measuring the distance in that kinematics(graph) question?
2.were we suppose to include a a rheostat in the circuit of first part of that solar cell question. (it originally said how to get the voltage across it)

1. Tape Measure/Measuring Tape/Trundle Wheel
2.We were not supposed to add the rheostat. It was a one mark question so not much effort required. A voltmeter and a switch were required.

Reaction score
I personally feel that we should have measured the full uncurled length of the seedling. It makes no sense for the examiners to use the word 'uncurled' other than to indicate that the length to measured was one where the curls had been straightened out. The exact meaning of the word uncurl is:
-to become straightened out from a curled or coiled position
-to straighten the curls of : unroll (via merriam-webster)
Hence, I feel that we should have measured the curls as well.