• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP Paper 62/ Uncurled length.

Reaction score
After 24 hours of the exam, I'd like to confirm from the people who've given the Bio Paper 62 today whether the uncurled diagram's measurement was to be taken of the complete diagram or not. Here at our center, there's quite some variation in the answers ranging from 38mm to 76mm. Thanks :)

Reaction score
It was to be to taken of the compelete diagram....this is becoz according to the Topology of the diagram the uncurled length would be from the top of the plumule to the bottom of the radaicle.

Reaction score
The uncurled length is the straight length. So I think we had to measure the length along the seedling, including the curled part, assuming that it were straight. That's what I did, and I got 84 mm and 78 mm :S

Reaction score
It was to be to taken of the compelete diagram....this is becoz according to the Topology of the diagram the uncurled length would be from the top of the plumule to the bottom of the radaicle.
Wouldn't that be the height then?

Reaction score
According to an experiment, this is what the uncurled length is supposed to be :S

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 100
Reaction score
I was so scared that I had done that wrong. I even took the straight length of the pea, it was in 60's and one in 70's. I was planning to cut that answer and measure just the seed instead, thankfully the time was up and I was saved :D

Reaction score
And in the diagram that we had to make, we didnt have to shade any where did we? Half of the people I know said there was shading required some where but I didn't shade. Want to know whether we had to or not

Reaction score
And in the diagram that we had to make, we didnt have to shade any where did we? Half of the people I know said there was shading required some where but I didn't shade. Want to know whether we had to or not
Absolutely not.....In biology, candidates are not required to shade any part since the papers are checked on a computer screen and shading means that your diagram will not appear clear on the screen....you did it right....:)

Reaction score
No as i said the question applied a simple rule of mathematics.....:)

yes that wouldnt be wrong
What rule of mathematics? :p uncurl means to make something straight...so the uncurled length would be measured on the assumption that the length was straight, so you measure the curled parts of the radicle with a ruler but by bit, and add up the total length...no? :/

Reaction score
biology is the subject of witchcraft :/ im suprised why we havent conjured up a demon yet.

Reaction score
What were the answers to the testa part? where you had to compare...