• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
STATE WHY THIS CAN NOT GIVE A CARBOXYLIC ACID IN PRODUCT WHILE OTHER ISOMER OF IT CAN GIVE IT ..!!?? AND WHAT ITS NAME MEANS PROPANOL-2-OL ..!!!
UntitledC-HC-H.png

Reaction score
i think it can. dunt know...
the name means that the OH group is linked to the second carbon
THNX FOR THE NAME
BUT IN PASTPAER ATP A QUESTION CAME

Q) a student found that different alcohol,altough having the same formula did not give a carboxylic acid as the product,suggest the name and structure of this alcohol

name.....................................

structure __________________________

so i posted its answer asking its reasons ..!! pls confirm me soon

Reaction score
THNX FOR THE NAME

Q) a student found that different alcohol,altough having the same formula did not give a carboxylic acid as the product,suggest the name and structure of this alcohol

Year please !

asd

Reaction score
dats what the difference in isomers but why cant it can produce carboxylic ????????????????/ thats the real confusion !!!!!!!!!!
That's my answer lol, in this isomer, OH is in the middle, so maybe its more stable like this. Besides, the carboxyl group is always on the end of the structure so it can not be oxidised! MY GUESS.

Reaction score
That's my answer lol, in this isomer, OH is in the middle, so maybe its more stable like this. Besides, the carboxyl group is always on the end of the structure so it can not be oxidised! MY GUESS.

may be ..!! you are right !! seems valid reasonn!!

Reaction score
THNX FOR THE NAME

isomer will change the chemical properties so i guess thts why it wudnt react ;)