• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yes, it is wrong in past paper it is. Sin63/sin40 .... But shouldn't 40 be the angle of incidence...
No, it can't be cuz we only take it as the angle of incidence wen light ray is entering the block,since it has already entered, 63 forms the angle of emergence. But if u think its difficult-just take it the easy way-sin ofbigger angle/sin of smaller angle.

Reaction score
U can also use another method to solve this question:
refractive index= 1/sin critical angle
Since critical angle is 46,so ref. index will be 1/46=1.39 which is the same as sin63/sin40
I know that formula to but why are we using incident angle as 63 ..we always take the incident angle to be 40 as arrows indicate...

Reaction score
I know that formula to but why are we using incident angle as 63 ..we always take the incident angle to be 40 as arrows indicate...
We only take it as angle of incidence wen light ray is ENTERING the block.Since it has already ENTERED we cant appply the same formula.We have to apply the other formula:
Sin of angle of emergence(63)/sin of angle of refraction(40)
Hope u got it (y)

asd

Reaction score
Tell me the types of lenses used in projector and in photographic enlarger

Reaction score
in the formula sin(i)/sin(r) the i must always be the angle of the ray with the normal in AIR or VACUUM, nothing else.

Reaction score
The final hours of preparation:

-just go once through the past papers very very briefly, doing as many as you can! just stop on three or four marks question which are a bit difficult, and understand the concept, then move forward!
-take a light dinner
-pray to Allah before going to bed that you are able to apply the concepts that you have studied in tomorrow's paper!
-goto bed early(i mean before 12:00 am)
-in the morning, wake up early, and after praying, glance the most difficult topics of book once!

This is what i do before exams, it sure helps my nerves and my preparation!

Good luck to you all! May you attempt the examination with chances of A* high with the grace of Allah!

Reaction score
The final hours of preparation:

-in the morning, wake up early, and after praying, glance the most difficult topics of book
which are the most difficult topics in the book ... Just tell so that i can revise/prepare them....