• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i kno tht the discussion is long over but since we still hav to give our chem, a point to note is tht in metals it is wrong to say tht no electrons r in their orbits....its just the VALENCE electrons tht get delocalised, but yeah electrons do conduct heat...

Reaction score
ofcourse.cathode is negative,anode is positive.the triangle in the symbol represents anode nd line cathode.
that was the thing I didnt know that triangle represents cathode and anode... our teacher never told us... besides I knew cathode is negative and anode is positive :confused:

Reaction score
i kno tht the discussion is long over but since we still hav to give our chem, a point to note is tht in metals it is wrong to say tht no electrons r in their orbits....its just the VALENCE electrons tht get delocalised, but yeah electrons do conduct heat...
metals are elements which forms positive ions.... simple and easy

Reaction score
that was the thing I didnt know that triangle represents cathode and anode... our teacher never told us... besides I knew cathode is negative and anode is positive :confused:
its not even necessary :p bus just remember the fact that cathode is negative and anode is positive :p

Reaction score
Q4/5. Why the pointer reading ammeter/voltmeter is gently tapped before taking a reading?
Ans: To reduce the friction between the needle and the pivot
How is that.?

Reaction score
Q4/5. Why the pointer reading ammeter/voltmeter is gently tapped before taking a reading?
Ans: To reduce the friction between the needle and the pivot
How is that.?
really??? :eek: wat we've done is that sometimes the ammeter/voltmeter gets stuck nd reading is not taken,thus it is tapped to reduce friction...i guess

Reaction score
yes i have a very round about way, but i will post it after our this deadly week!!! :p
oh great!! plz remembr to tag me in the post too wen u post it bcuz i'm having the same problem w/ transformation matries. i can't seem to learn them so i have to work them out for every question and its HECTIC to say the least :mad: :|

Reaction score
oh great!! plz remembr to tag me in the post too wen u post it bcuz i'm having the same problem w/ transformation matries. i can't seem to learn them so i have to work them out for every question and its HECTIC to say the least :mad: :|
it is a very strange method, nevertheless, i will post it, who knows it might help someone!