• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
XCUSE ME!! he electrons of metals are NOT in the orbits. they are delocalised!! that's the whole point of the metals being good conductors because they have a SEA OF ELECtRONS that helps to carry the heat/electricity! o_O
but they can not carry heat ...:|
like i told you
heat passes in metals through conduction now how is it even possible that electrons move in conduction?? in conduction the heat is passed by the vigorous movement of atoms...:|

Reaction score
like i told you
heat passes in metals through conduction now how is it even possible that electrons move in conduction?? in conduction the heat is passed by the vigorous movement of atoms...:|
r u guys talking abt the MCQ that came?

Reaction score
like i told you
spidey u cant help it its truth they conduct heat...
as electrons are mobile they carry heat from hot terminals to cold thats the only reason why meatls are good condutor of heat

Reaction score
as electrons are mobile they carry heat from hot terminals to cold thats the only reason why meatls are good condutor of heat
Can anyone tell me wat r u ppl talking abt?The MCq that came in physics paper? :confused:

Reaction score
that is because they are good conductors of current not heat...
for heat they use the vigourous vibrating
please go ahead and show me the resource
i spent like an hour or so got nothing but juts the heat transfer due to atoms..:|
please let me know so that i can concede defeat till then
:cool: