• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Higher levels:
1x1.gif

Metals are particularly good conductors of heat because their particles are very closely packed so the vibrations are passed on very quickly. They also contain large numbers of "free electrons". These drift slowly through the structure, giving metals their strength and other properties. As the metal is heated, the free electrons closest to the heat source are heated. This makes them move faster and they travel through the metal, colliding with both atoms and other electrons. This naturally makes these vibrate faster (or move through the metal faster - in the case of collisions with other free electrons). Thus the heat is passed quickly through the metal.
ur post says this
it doesnt
differentiate between atoms and electrons dude...:D
electrons transfer only comes when it comes to fluids..(y)

OK so both the electron movement and molecular vibration causes heat conduction...END of argument.....

Reaction score
First just stick two pins in line in front of the prism...
Then look into the prism in the manner that images of both pins' image coincide i.e u see one image and withount moving stick two pins in that line....join the points and u will get lines of incident and emergent ray :)
ohhhhh!! thanks a lot!!

Reaction score
:)
ok..happy now i believe you...
ab ja kar is he khushi mein nahalo!! :D
daredevil so you disturb you like that but i just wanted to know what is correct and whats not....peace...
dont worry mera khud 4 ghalat ho gae centre of gravity, acceleration, iv graph and mayb pressure