• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i dont get the rise in temperature part how come a reaction get hot while its freezing man it goes over my head

see... when particles give off heat in a reaction *exothermic reaction* the CONTAINER becomes hot but they loose their heat so the partiicles themselves become cold.... refer to the energy profile diagram of exothermic reaction... :) hope it helps

Reaction score
how do we calculate the center of gravity of a plane lamina in theory paper? i mean we can do it in practical but what about in theory????
write the same stuff u will write in your atp. like using retord stnd and a plumb line. habging the lamina by its holes one by one and marking the lines and then pointing out the centre where they meet.

Reaction score
For CRO let me explain it to you.
View attachment 3348

The electron gun is then passed through a plate called cathode (-ve charged) and it acts as a brightness controller, this is because we can control the number of electrons following through that plate. If we want more brightness we can set the potential of charge of that plate low and vice versa for low brightness. quote]

can u please explain what is this potential of charge thing? and how does setting it low increase brightness?

Reaction score
hey guys i have question.... what is electronegtivity... stupid question but somehow i am just cnfused about it so just humour me :p

Reaction score
The brightness controller is the cathode (-ve) terminal through which the electrons pass.
See if u increase the negitive charge in cathode less, electrons will be able to flow thus there will be less brightness. Vice versa for high brightness.

Reaction score
here you said that the flourescent screen is covered with zinc sulphite ... i wanted to ask if fluorescent bulbs are also covered by the same material i.e. zinc sulphite?
I don't know, but zinc sulphide is used because when electrons hit the screen it produces colours on the screen.

Reaction score
I don't know, but zinc sulphide is used because when electrons hit the screen it produces colours on the screen.

Dont know abt fluorescent but in CRO ZnSO4 is used as it is a fluorescent material which converts the kinetic energy of the electron particle into light energy symbolised by the spot seen on the screen ! :D

Reaction score
what happens if we bring a charged rod(insulator) too close to(so that it touches the conductor) the conductor that has a insulator stand