• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
all right masters
How can malaria spread?
- sneezing
- blood transfusion
- mosquito bite
- drinking contaminated water

^came in mid term, did it wrong according to scheme but think I my answer was right :p
What did you write?
Malaria can't be spread through sneezing and drinking contaminated water. It is spread by blood transfusion if the blood contains plasmodium so when tranfusion occurs, it is transferred to an uninfected person's blood where it starts to multiply causing malaria. It is spread by mosquito bite as well if the mosquito has bitten a person who has plasmodium in his blood already so when he bites the next person he is infected.

Reaction score
What did you write?
Malaria can't be spread through sneezing and drinking contaminated water. It is spread by blood transfusion if the blood contains plasmodium so when tranfusion occurs, it is transferred to an uninfected person's blood where it starts to multiply causing malaria. It is spread by mosquito bite as well if the mosquito has bitten a person who has plasmodium in his blood already so when he bites the next person he is infected.
i wrote transfusion as whatever happens malaria will spread that way
if only previously infected and anophelos mosquito bites then malaria will spread
however the mark scheme said mosquito, dont know if the teachers made it or its a very old one

Reaction score
What did you write?

I'm not a biology master, but even i know that a person who has malaria won't transfuse his blood to someone else. :p
The doctors won't freaking' let that person donate blood. He'll be in the hospital getting treatment, and if at all, he will be getting blood from clean doners, instead of donating his CONTAMINATED blood to healthy individuals. So it's not spread by blood transfusion.
Yes, it can be SPREAD if you get a malaria patient. Forcefully draw his blood out using a syringe, and forcefully insert it into a healthy persons vein or whatever, then malaria can be transferred. But that's not a natural way. And i don't think anyone does that.

It's a deadly disease.

Reaction score
i wrote transfusion as whatever happens malaria will spread that way
if only previously infected and anophelos mosquito bites then malaria will spread
however the mark scheme said mosquito, dont know if the teachers made it or its a very old one

Mark scheme is right ofc. :p It's always right.
You can never defeat the marking scheme. It's the law we all follow.

Reaction score
I'm not a biology master, but even i know that a person who has malaria won't transfuse his blood to someone else. :p
The doctors won't freaking' let that person donate blood. He'll be in the hospital getting treatment, and if at all, he will be getting blood from clean doners, instead of donating his CONTAMINATED blood to healthy individuals. So it's not spread by blood transfusion.
Yes, it can be SPREAD if you get a malaria patient. Forcefully draw his blood out using a syringe, and forcefully insert it into a healthy persons vein or whatever, then malaria can be transferred. But that's not a natural way. And i don't think anyone does that.

It's a deadly disease.
Firstly :p
49069336.jpg

on the other hand people in their right minds dont like getting bitten by mosquitoes as well

Reaction score

It's a deadly disease.
You've got a point (y)

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, but a few cases don't change the answer of an mcq question. :p Be realistic.
No the point is look
- say a mosquito bites you, to get malaria it should be infected and anophelos, the chance of catching are less too coz only few mm max is exchanged
- say transfusion occurs (the option says it has occured so it CANT occur isnt good enough) then the risk is nearly 100%