• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
guys can you tell me which compound colours to learn?
and in the straight lines of intersection graphs (usually temp-time) i know the first line is to be started from origin but the second horizontal intersection line , should it be extended to touch the y-axis?:)...

Reaction score
guys can you tell me which compound colours to learn?
and in the straight lines of intersection graphs (usually temp-time) i know the first line is to be started from origin but the second horizontal intersection line , should it be extended to touch the y-axis?:)...

1. Group 1, 2 metals are white/silvery white. Group 3 metals are shiny grey. Their compounds are white and their solutions are colourless.
  2. Zinc is a grey solid, its compounds are white.
  3. Lead is a shiny bluish metal, Iron is a shiny blackish solid.
  4. Iron (II) salts are green. Iron (III) salts are red-brown.
  5. Chlorine is a green gas. Silver chloride and Lead chloride are white.
  6. Bromine is a red-brown gas. Silver bromide and Lead bromide are cream coloured.
  7. Iodide is a black solid. Its vapours are purple. Silver iodide and lead iodide are yellow.
  8. Copper is a pinkish solid. Copper (II) sulphate, Copper (II) hydroxide and Copper (II) nitrate are blue.
  9. Copper (II) chloride and Copper (II) carbonate are green.
  10. Nitrogen dioxide is a brown gas. Sulphur and Phosphorous are Yellow solids with different flames.