• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yes we should extend as the er rejects that they may be removed and a curve be formed.
Many candidates connected each set of points by three lines or, more commonly, by two straight lines
joined by a small curve. In these cases one of the two marks allocated for the graphs was lost. The lines
should also pass through the zero

Thus the graph should pass through zero if it tends to naturally

Reaction score
  1. Group 1, 2 metals are white/silvery white. Group 3 metals are shiny grey. Their compounds are white and their solutions are colourless.
  2. Zinc is a grey solid, its compounds are white.
  3. Lead is a shiny bluish metal, Iron is a shiny blackish solid.
  4. Iron (II) salts are green. Iron (III) salts are red-brown.
  5. Chlorine is a green gas. Silver chloride and Lead chloride are white.
  6. Bromine is a red-brown gas. Silver bromide and Lead bromide are cream coloured.
  7. Iodide is a black solid. Its vapours are purple. Silver iodide and lead iodide are yellow.
  8. Copper is a pinkish solid. Copper (II) sulphate, Copper (II) hydroxide and Copper (II) nitrate are blue.
  9. Copper (II) chloride and Copper (II) carbonate are green.
  10. Nitrogen dioxide is a brown gas. Sulphur and Phosphorous are Yellow solids with different flames.
thanks alot!!!:D:D(y)

Reaction score
Many candidates connected each set of points by three lines or, more commonly, by two straight lines
joined by a small curve. In these cases one of the two marks allocated for the graphs was lost. The lines
should also pass through the zero

Thus the graph should pass through zero if it tends to naturally
Yeah, that zero thing is okay, what I'm asking is, see
Now which one's correct, A or B?

Attachments

• 5070.png
    5070.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
  1. Group 1, 2 metals are white/silvery white. Group 3 metals are shiny grey. Their compounds are white and their solutions are colourless.
  2. Zinc is a grey solid, its compounds are white.
  3. Lead is a shiny bluish metal, Iron is a shiny blackish solid.
  4. Iron (II) salts are green. Iron (III) salts are red-brown.
  5. Chlorine is a green gas. Silver chloride and Lead chloride are white.
  6. Bromine is a red-brown gas. Silver bromide and Lead bromide are cream coloured.
  7. Iodide is a black solid. Its vapours are purple. Silver iodide and lead iodide are yellow.
  8. Copper is a pinkish solid. Copper (II) sulphate, Copper (II) hydroxide and Copper (II) nitrate are blue.
  9. Copper (II) chloride and Copper (II) carbonate are green.
  10. Nitrogen dioxide is a brown gas. Sulphur and Phosphorous are Yellow solids with different flames.
At this moment i remember funky brat 's comment to me

NERD!!!

by the way thanks (y) (y) (y)

Reaction score
Well for one point it is (0,0), and at the same point on the line above it is (0, x) where x is not equal to 0
It says 2 intersecting straight lines and that would be the only one i guess,i always extend both ways,but i guess we dont have to extend fully horizontally.

Reaction score
Plus you should always extend the near vertical line too,i always do.
Hey if I am constructing such a graph, but from the given table, there is no point that passes through the origin, do I extend my line to the origin , or do I extend it back?

Reaction score
Hey if I am constructing such a graph, but from the given table, there is no point that passes through the origin, do I extend my line to the origin , or do I extend it back?
Also in qs like of rate of reaction in which there is production on y axis and time on x and the values start from say 1,we should extend our curve to the origin,as er says that

Reaction score
Okay, I'm stuck with an ionic equation. The question says ocnstruct an ionic equation for reaction between carbonate and acid.
For example,
CaCO3+ 2HCl= CaCl2+ CO2+ H2O
Now I break the equation down Ca^+2 CO3^-2 + 2H^+ 2Cl^- ---> Ca^+2 + 2Cl^-
Now what do I do next which ones to cancel?

Reaction score
Okay, I'm stuck with an ionic equation. The question says ocnstruct an ionic equation for reaction between carbonate and acid.
For example,
CaCO3+ 2HCl= CaCl2+ CO2+ H2O
Now I break the equation down Ca^+2 CO3^-2 + 2H^+ 2Cl^- ---> Ca^+2 + 2Cl^-
Now what do I do next which ones to cancel?
you took away so many things on right side