• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher..
if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ?
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....
am i correct????

What do you mean? o_O

Reaction score
By adding Excess copper oxide to Hydrochloric acid, and then filtering out unreacted Copper oxide.
Then, heating the resultant solution, to evaporate of some of the water, and then allowing it to cool. Crystals of copper chloride can then be filtered off, and dried in the folds of a filter paper.

I dont know this properly :(
What do you do first, like you see that if its soluble or insoluble or what?
can you please explain how you arrived to how you used these reagents? D:

Reaction score
I dont know this properly :(
What do you do first, like you see that if its soluble or insoluble or what?
can you please explain how you arrived to how you used these reagents? D:

You just come up with two chemicals that you can mix together to form the required chemical. :p
Like, if you need COPPER CHLORIDE.

You need Something to provide CHLORIDE - HCL.
And something to provide COPPER.

Copper can't react with HCL, so you will have to use COPPER OXIDE, which is a base, and can react with acids.

Acids can react with any base to produce salt and water.

Reaction score
for the graphs in which the volume of a gas made is plotted against time ... to measure the rate of reaction...

Concentration, Surface Area, Temperature and Catalyst effect the rate of reaction.

Why are you involving Volume? That has nothing to do with this.

Concentration x Volume = Moles.

If you increase the volume, the moles will increase, and the volume of gas given off will increase.
But if you increase the concentration, keeping the Volume constant, even them Moles would increase. In this case not only will the Volume of gas given off increase, but the rate of reaction will also increase.

Reaction score
Which chapters do you find confusing? :p

You need to read it with concentration. Otherwise, you won't get chemistry.

Acid bases. And other I get the concept, but I am confused with how to solve them , and which type of questions will come. Pastpapers scares me. Can you ask me some question like randomly from the first few chapters? that would be your revision too. :p

Reaction score
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher..
if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ?
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....
am i correct????
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper -- Yes
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher.. -- Yes

if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ? -- Steeper only
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....-- Less height
am i correct????

Reaction score
Acid bases. And other I get the concept, but I am confused with how to solve them , and which type of questions will come. Pastpapers scares me. Can you ask me some question like randomly from the first few chapters? that would be your revision too. :p

Solve past papers, and check yourself with marking schemes. That is the best way to master past papers. :p

Unfortunately, i didn't give much time to this, i could have mastered all these subjects. :(