• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Which question. I already answered 2 different people today regarding this
that if we increase the concentration the graph wpuold be higher and steeper since there are more moles and faster reaction
and if in a reaction u decrease the volume and increase the concentration by the same amount the the graph height will be same but steeper since the the no. of moles remain same and but the reaction is faster ... am i right?

Reaction score
In the KMnO4 titrations, what is the color change at end point?
When Iron (II) Sulfate is titrated with KMnO4.

Also, why is Sulfuric acid used in the Electrolysis of water? :/

And, what are the colors of common metals and compounds we should know?

And to how many significant figures should we round our moles answers, in the titration question?

And lastly, how to draw a graph properly?
It is from purple to clourless.
Water itself cannot be used as an electrolyte unless it's impure. So the electrolysis of H2SO4 is actually the electrolysis of water.
3 singificant figures
Graphs here are simple, at least Physics se better.

Reaction score
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher..
if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ?
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....
am i correct????
Increasing the catalyst does not increase the rate of reaction.
Yes.
Yeah both.
Yes. :p

Reaction score
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper -- Yes
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher.. -- Yes

if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ? -- Steeper only
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....-- Less height
am i correct????
This is exactly what I said earlier but then I edited my answer. Dark Destination you said when concentration increases moles increase so vloume of gas given off increase too, Are you sure?

Reaction score
I believe.
Increasing the mass of catalyst per se, does not increase reaction rate. Reaction rate is increased mainly through increasing the surface area of the catalyst. If you keep the mass of catalyst constant and mechanically alter its shape you can:
1) if you reduce the surface area, reduce reaction rate
2) If you increase the surface area, increase the reaction rate.

You cannot make the broad claim that reaction rate is affected by mass of catalyst. This is not technically correct.

That's what I believe.