• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s10_qp_42.pdf
Question number 6, the graph one.

The graph is steeper AND the volume at the end has doubled.
So shouldn't the answer have double the volume AND double the concentration as it is steeper too? :| Confused. Halhp.

P.s; how's everyones preparation going? :p
No. If we double the volume, the rate of reaction will be halved and it will be slower. In this case, we will stick to the same vol. Doubling the conc. will increase both the rate of reaction and amount of products formed.

Reaction score
Idk! Its in the reactions.. My teacher give me.. Atleast the reaction with Na metal produces 1/2 H2. When you balance it.

It's a simple Acid + Metal reaction.
You just have to balance it, and do the calculations.

There is no law in chemistry that it will be always HALF.
And even that HALF, is about the MOLES ratio. It must be half of one of the reactants moles.

Reaction score
so if we increase concentration , temperature, catalyst, the graph is steeper -- Yes
and if we increase volume the volume of gas is more so graph is higher.. -- Yes

if we increase concentration does the volume of gas also increases so graph is both steeper and higher ? -- Steeper only
and if we decrease volume and increase concentration the graph is steeper but at the same height ....-- Less height
am i correct????
i think graph is also higher ....
and since the moles will remain unchanged so wouldnt the height remain same???