• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Increasing the mass of catalyst per se, does not increase reaction rate. Reaction rate is increased mainly through increasing the surface area of the catalyst. If you keep the mass of catalyst constant and mechanically alter its shape you can:
1) if you reduce the surface area, reduce reaction rate
2) If you increase the surface area, increase the reaction rate.

You cannot make the broad claim that reaction rate is affected by mass of catalyst. This is not technically correct.

That's what I believe.
Exactly.

Reaction score
Mera Q bhe answer kr dein :p

How to determine the color change in Titraion reactions?
I performed titartions so I find it easy.
Weak bases kat kiye we use methyl orange which is pale yellow, in base and clolourless at neutral point and red when acid in excess.
Otherwise phenpoph is cloulress in acid and pink in alkali.

Reaction score
Increasing the mass of catalyst per se, does not increase reaction rate. Reaction rate is increased mainly through increasing the surface area of the catalyst. If you keep the mass of catalyst constant and mechanically alter its shape you can:
1) if you reduce the surface area, reduce reaction rate
2) If you increase the surface area, increase the reaction rate.

You cannot make the broad claim that reaction rate is affected by mass of catalyst. This is not technically correct.

That's what I believe.
I meant like adding a catalyst....

Reaction score
I performed titartions so I find it easy.
Weak bases kat kiye we use methyl orange which is pale yellow, in base and clolourless at neutral point and red when acid in excess.
Otherwise phenpoph is cloulress in acid and pink in alkali.
Na kr :O
Then it's freakin' easy -_- I know the color of indicators, fazul mein tension le rha hon :p

Btw, would you like to gimme few tips before I leave? :)

Reaction score
The best tip is to read everything carefully and understand, then answer. Knowledge to sab kay pass he hota hai.
Anyways best of luck. Pray for everyone. Insha'Allah we'll do well.
Thanks ^_^
Sure thing :) N Yep, InshaAllah, everyone will get good grades.

*Poof* Maganius Vanishes.

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an extremely important question.
From 5070_w13_qp42
In this question, Potassium Manganate VII is titrated with Iron II in conical flask. As Iron II is green, the colour should change from GREEN to colorless. BUT the solution changes from Green to Pink. When Potassium Manganate (VII) is reduced, it becomes colorless. but here, its becoming pink, what's going on?
upload_2014-5-13_6-26-20.png

And here are the answers:
upload_2014-5-13_6-27-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-13_6-23-18.png
    upload_2014-5-13_6-23-18.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Hi guys I have an extremely important question.
From 5070_w13_qp42
In this question, Potassium Manganate VII is titrated with Iron II in conical flask. As Iron II is green, the colour should change from GREEN to colorless. BUT the solution changes from Green to Pink. When Potassium Manganate (VII) is reduced, it becomes colorless. but here, its becoming pink, what's going on?
View attachment 42310

And here are the answers:
View attachment 42311
KMnO4,goes into excess right after all the iron has been fully oxidised.So there is a pink solution due to it going into excess.