• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
People! Need someone to explain Alleles in detail. Explain what Dominant/Recessive Alleles are . Also , especially , tell me what are homozygous and heterozygous phenotypes? I know what they are but cant understand how these are involved in Heredity.

Reaction score
SnowBrood, there is no such thing as copper deposit on the other side and the water level will rise. The answer is C. Electrolysis of Dilute Sulphuric acid ( water) . Because the ratio of Oxygen to Hydrogen is 1 : 2. Therefore you can actually see a obvious gap between two testtube. I hope my explaination is clear :D

Reaction score
SnowBrood, there is no such thing as copper deposit on the other side and the water level will rise. The answer is C. Electrolysis of Dilute Sulphuric acid ( water) . Because the ratio of Oxygen to Hydrogen is 1 : 2. Therefore you can actually see a obvious gap between two testtube. I hope my explaination is clear :D

No he is saying that if we use do CuSO4 electrolysis in this chamber the water level shud rise,he was not telling the answer he told the correct answer on the previous page !

Reaction score
People! Need someone to explain Alleles in detail. Explain what Dominant/Recessive Alleles are . Also , especially , tell me what are homozygous and heterozygous phenotypes? I know what they are but cant understand how these are involved in Heredity.

I think you might want to ask some A levels people on the forum as i think im the only Bio guy here and i havent done that topic yet so if u need help quick u will have to ask them :p

Reaction score
Don't you have the book?

Reaction score
school is off these days. wanted to be done with studies so i can start past papers. We haven't done the chapter in school yet.

Reaction score
well this a ppt explainin evry thin abt da inheritenc chp wass vvvv helpful to me im igcses
although ive not taken bio inn my a levels nn ive forgotten literally almosr ev

Reaction score
what do u mean? it totally depends upon what are u trying to obtain, however u cannot react Potassium,Sodium and Calcium with Acid otherwise explosion might occur.
I wanted to ask if we can react a radioactive element like Francium with acids or not
cause our chemistry teacher said we cannot do reactions with radioactive elements :confused:o_O:unsure:

Reaction score
I wanted to ask if we can react a radioactive element like Francium with acids or not
cause our chemistry teacher said we cannot do reactions with radioactive elements :confused:o_O:unsure:
Ofcourse we can't. I mean Francium is HIGHLY reactive metal and reacting it with Acid can cause Major blast.