• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
e) if 25.9 --> 0.0025 moles
1000 (1dm^3)---> x
25.9x= 2.5
x= 0.0965 moles
Then the formula no. of moles= mass in g/mr
0.0965= 8.50/x
x=88 g
Now seee this CnH2n+1COOH
Total mass= 88g.
COOH= 45g
CnH2n+1= 88-45
= 43g
C3H2(3)+1= 43g.
Therefore the formula is= C3H7COOH.
Need help with the next part?
from where have you got 25.9 ?

Reaction score
10 (a) Describe an experiment to show the difference between an electrical insulator and an
electrical conductor. Name one example of each. [4]
Umm I just don't know any but you can make it up. Make a circuit, attach some piece of metal to it, current flows. Place a block of wood, current does not flow.

Reaction score
(iii) The 1500 Ω resistor on the electronic circuit board has a correct power rating of 0.25 W.
State a disadvantage of using a different 1500 Ω resistor with a power rating that is
1. much less than 0.25 W,
...........................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................... [1]
2. much greater than 0.25 W.
...........................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................... [1]

Sorry, Im just having trouble with some questions. :/ Xtremepapers is my only hope.

Reaction score
(iii) The 1500 Ω resistor on the electronic circuit board has a correct power rating of 0.25 W.
State a disadvantage of using a different 1500 Ω resistor with a power rating that is

Sorry, Im just having trouble with some questions. :/ Xtremepapers is my only hope.
Post the complete question

Reaction score

i came across with this question in my mock...
and i wrote
1. much less resistance would produce after going through the resistor.
2. the components and wire may get damage or melt...
but i dont know the logic behind it.... fortunately i wrote whatever was in my mind at that time
and it was correct. ;)