• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
No, they aren't part of phopholipids, they are distinct molecules! :/
Do search on google! its written everywhere that phospholipids form H-bonds to stabilize their membrane!!!.............
Well!!! Can't say anything! but its mentioned on net too!

Reaction score
Do search on google! its written everywhere that phospholipids form H-bonds to stabilize their membrane!!!.............
Well!!! Can't say anything! but its mentioned on net too!

Quoting from wikipedia on phopholipids: 'In biological systems, the phospholipids often occur with other molecules (e.g., proteins, glycolipids, cholesterol) in a bilayer such as a cell membrane."

They are distinct molecules, though they may work together.

Reaction score
Quoting from wikipedia on phopholipids: 'In biological systems, the phospholipids often occur with other molecules (e.g., proteins, glycolipids, cholesterol) in a bilayer such as a cell membrane."

They are distinct molecules, though they may work together.
If this is the case! then option C should be correct too!!!.......Because diffusion n osmosis takes place through transport protiens too????

Reaction score
If this is the case! then option C should be correct too!!!.......Because diffusion n osmosis takes place through transport protiens too????

No, C wouldn't be correct as even though other molecules carry out the same function, so do phospholipids. We had to choose something which phopholipids do not do at all. Anyhow, don't worry about it! I'm sure you did great anyway :)

Reaction score
No, C wouldn't be correct as even though other molecules carry out the same function, so do phospholipids. We had to choose something which phopholipids do not do at all. Anyhow, don't worry about it! I'm sure you did great anyway :)
Ummm.....ok :) Thank u :)

Reaction score
It was C.....n was a past paper question! 'lowering the activation energy for the reaction' :)
I didn't know it was a past paper question :O
Anyway I chose C too...phew! :p
So, what other questions may need discussing?

This may be a silly question but do Prokaryotes have ER?

Reaction score
I didn't know it was a past paper question :O
Anyway I chose C too...phew! :p
So, what other questions may need discussing?

This may be a silly question but do Prokaryotes have ER?
Nope!