• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 12, 32 and 62

Were the papers easy or hard?

• Easy :D

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Okay :/

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Hard :(

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Its funny how you try to prove yourself correct,sadly you're wrong brother
I'm sorry, but perhaps I should explain this in greater detail. Starch in the form of glucose is stored in chloroplasts, but never in its normal form. Now, once the glucose is actually converted to starch, it has can go to 3 places: the vacuole, the amyloplast, and to other parts of the plant for consumption. It is mostly stored in the amyloplast, which often confuses people. Amyloplast and chloroplast are both plastids, but only one of them stores starch. Had amyloplast been one of the options, then the vacuole answer wold be wrong. Here's a couple of screenshots to support my statements:
upload_2014-5-16_7-20-10.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-21-15.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-23-21.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-24-5.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-25-18.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-27-3.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-29-9.png
upload_2014-5-16_7-37-57.png
However, the Internet is really conflicted about this topic, so let's just hope for the best when the results come out, okay? ;)
Good luck for your exms (y)

Reaction score
One more thing, starch is only stored in the chloroplasts as well as amyloplasts only, and only, when they are in the form of starch granules. The question did not specify whether they were granules or not.
Again, my answer may be wrong, but I'm pretty confident :confused:

Reaction score
One more thing, starch is only stored in the chloroplasts as well as amyloplasts only, and only, when they are in the form of starch granules. The question did not specify whether they were granules or not.
Ah okay. I think it's chloroplasts though. We'll wait and see :) how was your paper 32?

Reaction score
What you were looking for is way advanced compared to our level anyways thank you and i hope the very best for your next exams:)

I'm sorry, but perhaps I should explain this in greater detail. Starch in the form of glucose is stored in chloroplasts, but never in its normal form. Now, once the glucose is actually converted to starch, it has can go to 3 places: the vacuole, the amyloplast, and to other parts of the plant for consumption. It is mostly stored in the amyloplast, which often confuses people. Amyloplast and chloroplast are both plastids, but only one of them stores starch. Had amyloplast been one of the options, then the vacuole answer wold be wrong. Here's a couple of screenshots to support my statements:
View attachment 42632
View attachment 42633
View attachment 42634
View attachment 42635
View attachment 42636
View attachment 42637
View attachment 42638
View attachment 42639
However, the Internet is really conflicted about this topic, so let's just hope for the best when the results come out, okay? ;)

Reaction score
Not cell wall? Cell wall is made of cellulose- a complex starch itself, right?

Reaction score
What was the answer for: State a possible cause of 'pollution' caused by nuclear fallout in the MCQs?

Reaction score
In the labelling in the human repro question, the sex cell was zygote or ovule? And what was the hormone for ovulation?

Reaction score
It was something to do with Mutation and in paper 3 it was zygote obviously as it shows the sperms and the egg fusion before that and the hormone is FSH
Why zygote? Wasn't it just an ovule, because it hadn't fused? Sperms were seen in the vicinity....
And first hormone was FSH, second one was? The one that promotes ovulation?

Reaction score
Why zygote? Wasn't it just an ovule, because it hadn't fused? Sperms were seen in the vicinity....
And first hormone was FSH, second one was? The one that promotes ovulation?
Yep I didn't write zygote either. First was FSH second was LH. What did you get for:
the advantages of sexual reproduction
DNA barcoding
And the last question, soil organisms and carbon cycle

Reaction score
View attachment 42632
View attachment 42633
View attachment 42634
View attachment 42635
View attachment 42636
View attachment 42637
View attachment 42638
View attachment 42639

I too selected the option 'vacuole' because after glucose is produced by photosynthesis, it can't be stored as glucose itself (it's too reactive) so it is converted into another form i.e. sucrose and then translocated to the other parts of the plant to use it. Some of the glucose produced is converted to starch and stored for future use. I selected vacuole as the answer as at that time I thought about translocation. But many of my friends have told that it is chloroplasts. I'm not sure about the answer though...but I'm very much confused. :/
round thing thats not black,called as chloroplast and yes it is stored there .

Why chloroplast? That's where glucose is made and then converted to starch and translocated... :/