• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 22

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you guys remember that graph question on ATP concentration?? What did u all write for that?
i wrote ara-ATP is a competitive inhibitor.... because increasing the concentration of ATP, has an effect on the rate of DNA synthesis...

Non-Competitive inhibitor as it binds with allosteric site (site other than Active site) Enzyme loses it's shape, can't fit the substrate anymore, no Enzyme-substrate complex is formed.. It is non-competitive cuz the three graphs didn't meet at the end.. you can say as the ora-ATP increases, rate decreases with reference to the graph data..

Reaction score
About the differences between HbA and HbS, I wrote that HbS is recessive and HbA is dominant thus only a homozygous HbS pair would code for sickle cell anaemia... Is that wrong? :(

yes you can say that, HBs is recessive allele doesn't appear in the phenotype, you should say that HBs heamoglobin is Insoluble not available for Oxygen Binding while HBa Is dominant appears in the phenotype, and haemoglobin is soluble available for Oxygen binding..

Reaction score
I was too! Because there was another food chain in the web where the Herring ate the producer and ate the primary consumer to become the secondary consumer, thus making the whale a tertiary consumer. But, in all honesty, I think that was the trick :|
Discussion of which paper?

Reaction score
what did u write for the question about water, and the one about the graph , the enzyme one Atp and ara ATP
About water, Water has high latent heat capacity so Constant temperature for organisms to live in. Water has low Viscosity and High Fluidity so that organisms can move through. Water is Dipolar so that It can dissolve oxygen and Solvent for toxins in water. Water has Strong attraction forces (Co-hesive Ad-hesive forces) so that organisms such as mosquitoes can lay eggs and walk on water.

Reaction score
About water, Water has high latent heat capacity so Constant temperature for organisms to live in. Water has low Viscosity and High Fluidity so that organisms can move through. Water is Dipolar so that It can dissolve oxygen and Solvent for toxins in water. Water has Strong attraction forces (Co-hesive Ad-hesive forces) so that organisms such as mosquitoes can lay eggs and walk on water.

high specific heat capacity, not latent heat...

Reaction score
what about the Typhoid Drug ?
I wrote Oral Drug or by re-hydration as Typhoid is transmitted like Cholera, so Perhaps it has same characteristics and Typhoid is transmitted by contaminated food and water, so it will have same site of infection so same symptoms.. is that right ?

Reaction score
i added glycolipids, glycoproteins, intrinsic proteins, carrier/channel proteins and the other structures asked! i forgot to label inner and outer surface.. its on 5 marks, any idea on how many marks i'll lose??
oh No! i forgot that part too. I guess one mark gone :(

Reaction score
Guys, for the magnification question, i measured the length of the whole cell. how many marks do i lose for that. however i showed my working, that is, how i came to 12000 which is wrong:cry:

Reaction score
Guys, for the magnification question, i measured the length of the whole cell. how many marks do i lose for that. however i showed my working, that is, how i came to 12000 which is wrong:cry:

If you wrote "Image size/Actual size=Magnification" I think One mark for that.. (the equation it self not numbers).

Reaction score
guys what u think about grade threshold???? i think it ll be low bcoz paper was confusing .....

Reaction score
what about the Typhoid Drug ?
I wrote Oral Drug or by re-hydration as Typhoid is transmitted like Cholera, so Perhaps it has same characteristics and Typhoid is transmitted by contaminated food and water, so it will have same site of infection so same symptoms.. is that right ?
the question was "what TYPE of drug" i wrote Antibiotic... because its caused by a bacterium... What do u think?

Reaction score
the question was "what TYPE of drug" i wrote Antibiotic... because its caused by a bacterium... What do u think?
A drug can be either competitive or non competitive. if non competitive it binds to allosteric site of the enzyme thus disrupting the shape of the active site preventing susbstrate from fitting.